Royal St Davids

D

Deleted member 23270

I played a 36 scratch event there a few years ago and was decidedly underwhelmed if I'm honest. Only really remember the last 3 or 4 holes which isn't a good sign.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The most amazing backdrop of any course I've played.

The course is pretty decent too!
I guess it depends on what the weather is like as to what the backdrop is like.
The only time I played was about three years ago in poor weather though it wasn't actually raining when we played. All the bunkers were full of water and there was a sign up saying they were GUR.
You couldn't see the hills of Snowdonia and Harlech looked actively grim with some really ugly 1970's I would guess disused tower blocks being the dominant feature.
I've heard good things and thought bits of the course were enjoyable but under those conditions it did not entice me to return.

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Stunning golf course. I played it for the first time yesterday in lovely weather - sunshine and a moderate breeze - and it was a fantastic and fair test.

I agree it’s perhaps not the easiest to get to, but combined with another course and an overnight stay I would recommend it as more than worth the effort. We had clear views of the Snowdonia mountains which made for a breathtaking backdrop. Loved every minute of my time there.

HairyBullet

Visit site
Played there last year and loved it, staying at Criccieth next week so may go back, never played Aberdovey, is it worth a look?