Royal Mail Rant about delivering an item sold on GM

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sold and Odyssey putter on here coming up for 2 weeks ago to fellow forumer NwJocko who kindly transferred payment promptly. So off to Snodland post office I go first thing on the Monday morning as its literally next to where I work, paid full postage and off the parcel went along with some bits I sold on eBay.

Well that's what I thought! Got a message from a one of the eBay buyers to say they'd not receive items, so as I was worries I pm'd jocko who advised he to was still waiting for the putter which to be honest concerned me more than the eBay items as I consider forumers friends I just haven't had the privilege of meeting yet.

So went back to snodland post office to be told sorry due to the days snow we had delays on collections but was assured its now gone and should arrive with Jocko in a day or 2 at most! Low and behold a knock on my front door yesterday delivering the putter back to me the RTS address!

Miffed (insert strong expletive) I went to the GPO on my way out before setting off to play with HIDs stepdad at Pedham. Only to be told by the lady in there that when she checked the parcel tracking it looks like it never left Snodland to go where I'd paid to send it to Jocko as it ha never been registered as arriving at his local sorting office! Instead they set it directly Return to sender!

So I've now had to pay for them to Parcel force it to prevent any further delay in getting the putter to its new rightful owner Jocko and to prevent further cock ups!

I'm not even bothered about having to pay for 2 lots of delivery charges, I'm more annoyed that its led to a fellow forumer having to wait a considerable length of time for something he paid me for in good faith nearly 2 weeks ago!

Will be strong words exchanged when I go into work and visit the snodland post office! Never had any issues before but it would be this time wouldn't it.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
They weighed and measured it in the post office when I first took it in and charged me £8 and a few pence. Which is more than I paid to send a golf bag to another forumer and that got there fine!

Then when I parcel forced it they charged me just over a fiver.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site