Royal Birkdale with Junior

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the game mate.....Safe to say its my new number one. Turnberry has a few more dramatic 'spectacular' type holes but i'd go back to play at Birkdale before I would Turnberry. No weak holes, each one is played in total isolation and is an individual piece of magic. The course really makes you think off the tee and the bunkering is brutal.

We both played pretty steady, I battled to an 83 gross with a triple and a double (34pts) and Birchy shot 31 pts with a quality birdie in front of the clubhouse on the last !!

It's not cheap to play, but walking through the clubhouse seeing all the pictures and memorabelia (sp?) makes you think about the great players who have walked the same turf. How much would a football fan pay to play at Wembley? a Rugby fan pay to play at Twikenham ? A cricketer pay to play at Lords ?? I paid £125 today and we got soup and sandwiches thrown in at the end. I'd pay it again in a heartbeat......man i love golf.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played there last summer it is an awesome expierience maybe a touch expensive but it's worth it IMO.
Cracking deal you had today though! :thup:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Course look nice... but the thing that sticks out here is you took almost 100 photo's!!!

was the course backed up behind you while you were snapping away like David Bailey???

D

Deleted member 17920

Course look nice... but the thing that sticks out here is you took almost 100 photo's!!!

was the course backed up behind you while you were snapping away like David Bailey???
Is that any concern of yours what was behind them whilst they was enjoying a day out!!! Perhaps they had no one behind them so they was free to enjoy and take there time. What is wrong with some people on this forum !

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Course was very quiet and we were a 2 ball with only a 4 ball in front that we played through.

We even caught up a group of members and played through them also.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Played it a couple of times and it's at the top of my 'toughest' list - ahead of Carnoustie and Muirfield.

Finish seems a bit weak - until you actually play the holes!

Neighbouring Hillside is a great course too - and rather better value! Not played another neighbour with a great reputation - S&A. Golf Coast indeed!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played it a couple of times and it's at the top of my 'toughest' list - ahead of Carnoustie and Muirfield.

Finish seems a bit weak - until you actually play the holes!

Neighbouring Hillside is a great course too - and rather better value! Not played another neighbour with a great reputation - S&A. Golf Coast indeed!

That's funny because after about 13 holes I said to Andy Im liking the look of this finish looking at the card. Then we got onto the tees and looked down the holes! Just so tough to find a place to put your ball on them last holes, really tight and danger everywhere.

Really was a proper test and even better than I thought it would be.

Plenty good golf around there if you've got a few quid :D