Routines

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok so what does everyone do before they take a shot, Has anybody got any wierd, funny, normal, abnormal routines they do before a shot.

I'll start, normally before i putt i clean my ball (obviously i know) but when i put it back down i use the arrows on the ball <big berther> looks like that, to line up with the hole. Anyone else do this, is this common? am i a loon?

Lets here it.

(cant ya tell i work sundays haha)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
line my shot, visiualise the shot, get my grip sorted, check head direction, check feet, stand straight and stick my butt out, remember to breath and think only of the ball... easy hey.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
yeah sounds easy, i try not to think to much about the technical stuff and just try let muscle memory take over when i get down on a shot. Apart from take a few practice strokes keeping a perfect v.

Mr_Top_Shot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This might sound weird but i line up my shot visualise where i am going to hit the ball. Finally i will adjust my glasses. Then i will make my swing. The glasses thing does strangely seem to help.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trust me to repeat a topic. Interesting stuff. Ok Also does anyone have any rituals they do during a round? Doesnt really have to be pre shot routine. Anythin for luck, superstition or to relax them.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When I'm faced with a must-get 5 foot putt, I tighten all the muscles in the back of my neck and shoulders until my head shakes, knock my knees together, get my hands to tremble as much as possible, and imagine that the putter is a live cobra that is trying to twist around and bite me, swing back as jerkily as possible, knock the ball 5 feet past, and try again.