Rose back to #1

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Koepka finishes T12 in his latest event.
Needed T11 to retain #1 spot
So Justin is back to Number 1 again...
How many more changes this year?
Well, BK will be back to #1 next Sunday...
Does the OWGR need an overhaul?

Wolf

Visit site
Koepka finishes T12 in his latest event.
Needed T11 to retain #1 spot
So Justin is back to Number 1 again...
How many more changes this year?
Well, BK will be back to #1 next Sunday...
Does the OWGR need an overhaul?
Was actually listening to something about this on my drive to work today. They were discussing the 2 year points system and how it needs a revamp.

Whilst it's nice to see it being closely contested with a few in for a shout it does alao imo cheapen the achievement and I don't mean that with disrespect. I just feel the constant back and forth where you can be number 1 without even playing is a bit farcical.

With that said I have no idea how you can make it better

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was actually listening to something about this on my drive to work today. They were discussing the 2 year points system and how it needs a revamp.

Whilst it's nice to see it being closely contested with a few in for a shout it does alao imo cheapen the achievement and I don't mean that with disrespect. I just feel the constant back and forth where you can be number 1 without even playing is a bit farcical.

With that said I have no idea how you can make it better

I don’t see anything wrong with it. The constant back and forth shows how competitive it is.

What are we supposed to do? Say once you’re no1 you don’t move for 3 months? 😂

Wolf

Visit site
I don’t see anything wrong with it. The constant back and forth shows how competitive it is.

What are we supposed to do? Say once you’re no1 you don’t move for 3 months? 😂
Nobody is saying that at all, but we're all entitled to an opinion and in mine being able to become number one when your not playing is not something that's been earned.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nobody is saying that at all, but we're all entitled to an opinion and in mine being able to become number one when your not playing is not something that's been earned.
I get what you're saying but, taking football as and example, it's possible to move up and down the league table without playing...

Wolf

Visit site
I get what you're saying but, taking football as and example, it's possible to move up and down the league table without playing...
I understand that and that's why I don't have the answers to how it's improved but golf and football league tables are miles apart in how they're played and perceived. I also think the different number 1s is healthy as I said but I think there must be something more up to date by which to measure the rankings against. Now we have Fed Ex cup, DP World tour, Rolex series its all become convaluted in its tallying up. I just wonder is there a simpler more efficient way to do it and understand it

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Number one while away testing your new clubs and not playing does seem a bit of a shambles however he has earned it with his consistent play over the last two years.

Both sides of the argument have valid points.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’d suggest the main problem is the wrap around season which causes players to operate their own schedule. I don’t see it as a major issue with the rankings and personally I’m happy to see Rose back on top.