Rory/Tiger match on youtube

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There was an exhibition match play yesterday at mission hlls between tiger and rory.

It's still available on youtube to watch as-live.

Handy for those who can't quite manage to get to work this morning....

link is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PifP9WAXbOQ

it's a 6 hour stream, but the golf starts about 2hrs 40 mins in

I haven't seen it yet (I found it on a thread on golfwrx :eek:), but I think it is miked up so prepare to send the kiddies from the room if Tiger hits some old rubbish.

d

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
excellent, will watch in iPad in bed tonight (just tell swmbo I have a headache:smirk:)

thanks for posting:thup:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have managed to get through a couple of holes myself now.

The mic-up is good. Sounds like non-scripted conversation, but surely nike must have some input. Just little titbits on their kit, life on tour, etc etc

Thanks for the thanks !!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

The mic-up is good. Sounds like non-scripted conversation, but surely nike must have some input. Just little titbits on their kit, life on tour, etc etc

Thanks for the thanks !!

thank you for thanking us :smirk:

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Thanks for the thanks !!

There is a bit where Rory hits a great check-y pitch shot on one of the early holes to a couple of inches. Tiger says "Where did you learn that shot?" and Rory replies something along the lines of "It's this new ball!" ... All seemed a bit cringe.

Other than that though, good watching!

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I read elsewhere that Tiger was giving the new ball some serious plugging, saying "this new ball is so long" after a drive for example.
He's been using an old nike one tour d (now unavailable) for ages, wonder if they've finally convinced him to switch.

Also apparently they let slip that they are both using method putters with fake grooves, milled faces with the grooves painted on. There's a piccie on another website with a close up of an RM stamped method where the grooves are obviously fake.

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have just watched the 18 holes,they flew around.
Great to have the mike on,Tiger swears a bit,spits a lot and cant believe how long Rorys
3 wood goes.
A few plugs for the clubs and balls.
Rory mentions the new Nike driver that's coming out[the covert 2.0] a 460 driver
that's more forgiving and longer[where have I heard that before].
The Chinese are mad for golf,massive crowds.
The course was 7300+ yards and looked immaculate,some great golf by both.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
if your miked up Tiger at least have a mute button before you clear your throat and fire out the sputum! had to stop watching right there:(

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Know Tiger's bad habits and previous warning of ''Mic'd up'' situation...........yet still clicks the link to watch!!!

And still moans and complains........:rofl:
picard-facepalm.jpg
[/URL]

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Know Tiger's bad habits and previous warning of ''Mic'd up'' situation...........yet still clicks the link to watch!!!
And still moans and complains........:rofl:

theres a lot of Tiger fans on here and I'm firmly one of them. I'm not however a fan of hearing human digestive sounds loudly in my ear, even on the phone people will 'mute' a cough etc so a bit of a cheap shot with your comment.

During a mic'd up interview with any stars would you expect them to gob one up? no! and neither would I or anyone else

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was looking forward to watching this tonight but seems to not be available on YouTube anymore :(
Anyone know where I can find it online?