Rory - Interview

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
What’s being said pre-Masters this year? I’m probably remembering it wrong but haven’t we had a few variations of why he will/won’t have a good comp from him &/or the ‘expert’ pundits;

Not played very much golf. Played too much golf. Too intense/focused. Not focused enough. Recent form good so full of confidence. Recent form not so good so no pressure. Thrives being center of attention. Doesn’t like all the scrutiny. Too good a player not to win, Not good enough short game to win......... etc

:sneaky:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watching Rory’s interview at the Masters.
I find him so articulate, he’s properly answers every question with serious thought. It’s so refreshing.

He’s charged he had to.
In the past he was very dismissive of certain things,the Ryder cup springs to mind.
Much better now and as you say more articulate.

Now all we need is some decent media questions some are just laughable.
Enjoyed DJ he actually does smile

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
He makes me laugh so much with his simplicity. When they asked him what 'his' par for the course is with his length off the tee and he just kind of blanked them and said "the par is 72.. if you add all the holes, it makes 72" :ROFLMAO: He's class.
Some of the questions being asked during that press conference where stupid. "what do you think of the photo behind you?". ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
He makes me laugh so much with his simplicity. When they asked him what 'his' par for the course is with his length off the tee and he just kind of blanked them and said "the par is 72.. if you add all the holes, it makes 72" :ROFLMAO: He's class.
+

His response just shut them up too, there was a very long paused silence after he answered.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
He’s charged he had to.
In the past he was very dismissive of certain things,the Ryder cup springs to mind.
Much better now and as you say more articulate.

Now all we need is some decent media questions some are just laughable.
Enjoyed DJ he actually does smile

He wasn't dismissive of the Ryder Cup. He said that he didn't play to get into the team, he played to win tournaments and if he did, he would get in the team.

Rory has always been honest and direct, as some of us from Noon Iron are, and it sometimes jars with the vacuous media trained nothingness spouted by others.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like the F1 interviews, I don’t know how these journalists get there , but it would be nice to ask the questions

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Sounds like the F1 interviews, I don’t know how these journalists get there , but it would be nice to ask the questions
In fairness to the journalists, there does come a point where nearly everything that is asked, has been asked before. My guess is that maybe the weird questions sometimes catch people off guard, and they then say something interesting that can be used in print.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In fairness to the journalists, there does come a point where nearly everything that is asked, has been asked before. My guess is that maybe the weird questions sometimes catch people off guard, and they then say something interesting that can be used in print.

Definitely reminds me of the F1 press conference where they talk a lot and say nothing

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
The media credentials have been cut right back this year due to Covid so the guys asking these questions are the ones that made the cut, the creme de la creme of the world’s golf reporters.
shipnuck asked a question on clothes and the backdrop sure he must have been just taking the piss he’s normally decent at his job