Room For One More?

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was reading the thread from yesterday and think I'll take the plunge and offer up my cobbled together swing for you guys to have a look at - and hopefully offer any advice?

I am pretty much completely self taught and have always been ok with my hands (oi oi!!!). However, I've been swaying a lot recently and my striking has been inconsistent. After reading the stack and tilt thread last week I went to the range and tried to put a few of the things into practice to stop me swaying too much and to turn my fade into a draw. I need to turn my left leg out a bit to give me a stronger base but quite liked the feeling of the swing.

The results are below! Please be gentle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLI46LZ_7NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TZfaFdxCc

J
im

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've seen many cat 1 golfers whose swings aren't anywhere near that good looking - off your handicap Bob's advice looks very sound!!!

SamQuirkePGA

Club Champion
www.samquirke.co.uk
Lose the flex in the right knee in the backswing allowing the pelvis to rotate, thus increasing extension of the spine.

More of an inward hand path from the start to have the left arm along the line of the shoulders at the top.

The right elbow wants to maintain the distance it was from the ribcage at the setup.

Please see picture provided. Any further questions feel free to PM.

Sam

Attachments

• Jim.jpg
    Jim.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 79
D

Deleted Member 1156

Nothing seriously wrong with that swing, only comment I would make is try to hold your head a little bit higher through impact to give yourself a bit more room.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lose the flex in the right knee in the backswing allowing the pelvis to rotate, thus increasing extension of the spine.

More of an inward hand path from the start to have the left arm along the line of the shoulders at the top.

The right elbow wants to maintain the distance it was from the ribcage at the setup.

Please see picture provided. Any further questions feel free to PM.

Sam

so that would be 'change to S&T' then....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
so that would be 'change to S&T' then....

It does say in the OP....

After reading the stack and tilt thread last week I went to the range and tried to put a few of the things into practice

:rolleyes:

My personal opinion would be that losing some of the flex in the right knee and stopping the 'flying elbow' would be a benefit no matter what swing pattern you go with. That right knee does look VERY flexed and the right elbow does look like it's a bit 'Furyk'.

If he really want to embrace the S&T swing in full (rather than just working on a few elements) then I'd suggest he follows Sam's advice... after all it isn't S&T if you don't do it the S&T way.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It does say in the OP....

:rolleyes:

My personal opinion would be that losing some of the flex in the right knee and stopping the 'flying elbow' would be a benefit no matter what swing pattern you go with. That right knee does look VERY flexed and the right elbow does look like it's a bit 'Furyk'.

If he really want to embrace the S&T swing in full (rather than just working on a few elements) then I'd suggest he follows Sam's advice... after all it isn't S&T if you don't do it the S&T way.

ah - my mistake and apologies to Sam....more than valid observations against the request.

I do agree with your premise that you can't pick and choose elements :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
How many majors has jimbob.someroo won?

Clearly he isn't/wasn't happy with what he was doing else he WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED TO CHANGE :confused:

Not sure why you're bringing your 'argument head' to the thread again Bob, FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH my opinion of his swing when he PM'd it to me was pretty much the same as yours,...... nice swing, practice your short game. Although I did suggest a couple of small tweaks, eg turn out the left foot a fraction