Rock On, Tommy!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well played Tommy thoroughly deserved.

However, and it MAY have been he had just finished but the way he dismissed the $2.5 million was unbelievable! Saying that amount of money is irrelevant, to him maybe, was disrespectful and in poor taste and an insult to the sponsors.

Most people do not earn that amount in their lifetime.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm taking the credit for this win. Sitting in the clubhouse prior to our winter doubles eating a bacon and black pudding roll I said to the guys, he's having a very quiet season just before he chipped in for eagle.

Seemed to spur him on.

😂

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Well played Tommy thoroughly deserved.

However, and it MAY have been he had just finished but the way he dismissed the $2.5 million was unbelievable! Saying that amount of money is irrelevant, to him maybe, was disrespectful and in poor taste and an insult to the sponsors.

Most people do not earn that amount in their lifetime.

I disagree. The media tries to make sport all about the cash...because it’s their cash at the end of the day that’s paying the prize monies.

Sport should be about the sport and the winning. I find the way that earnings are talked about in professional golf to be utterly crass. It’s really nobody’s business how much anyone earns.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I disagree. The media tries to make sport all about the cash...because it’s their cash at the end of the day that’s paying the prize monies.

Sport should be about the sport and the winning. I find the way that earnings are talked about in professional golf to be utterly crass. It’s really nobody’s business how much anyone earns.
Not sure where I said it was anybody’s business. Kindly re read exactly what I said.Did you see the interview? Thought his respnse to the question was poor