Ridiculous cost for golf clubs on an airport transfer

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am having a week in Portugal golfing and after booking my flight I started looking around for a transfer from the airport, I found a reputable company which had costs varying from £8 to £25 return, which included a suitcase and holdall.
I am not taking a suitcase so I emailed asking about the additional cost, if any, of taking golf clubs instead of a suitcase. They replied saying it was £16 extra each way for golf clubs!!!

Just had to have a moan, not expecting any answers.

I would hire a car, if it wasn't for the fact that I am travelling alone and am a little wary of driving without a passenger.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems reasonable, golf clubs can take up a lot of space if in a hard case.

Nice if it was cheaper but the alternative is one of those door to door golf club delivery services.

Wave goodbye from your house and say hello at the course

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am having a week in Portugal golfing and after booking my flight I started looking around for a transfer from the airport, I found a reputable company which had costs varying from £8 to £25 return, which included a suitcase and holdall.
I am not taking a suitcase so I emailed asking about the additional cost, if any, of taking golf clubs instead of a suitcase. They replied saying it was £16 extra each way for golf clubs!!!

Just had to have a moan, not expecting any answers.

I would hire a car, if it wasn't for the fact that I am travelling alone and am a little wary of driving without a passenger.

That cost is cheap in comparison to some. I found one company that was dirt cheap for flights (to Vienna) and they wanted £60 EW!

We usually fly with BA for golf trips, you can use your hold allowance for clubs.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
That cost is cheap in comparison to some. I found one company that was dirt cheap for flights (to Vienna) and they wanted £60 EW!

We usually fly with BA for golf trips, you can use your hold allowance for clubs.

Errrr.........Louise was talking about transfer cost of clubs from airport to hotel.
;)

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi
We are going to Portugal on Sat and hiring a car from Drive4fun - have used them for the last 5 years! It's low season and we are paying 110 Euros for 16 days - 5 door corsa or Ibiza. Cars are always less than a year old.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yeah I am there again in May for a week and have a car, so not an issue. Louise have you thought about driving whilst over there. It is one of the more pleasurable countrys i have drivin in. £32 plus £25 = £57 would go some way towards a car.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Louise, Portugal is very nice to drive in. Not overly busy roads, just need to get used to driving on the wrong side.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am glad someone noticed this, rather goes to show that people on forums like to rush to give opinion without really reading

wouldnt say i was giving an opinion, more so trying to be helpful (Despite being in the wrong area).

Rather that than joining the forum to promote a MINI UK GOLF FRANCHISE