Rickie Lambert

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's the general consensus on him?
Just read that Liverpool are close to signing him for 9 million but for me it's a step backwards for them.
I've only seen him the odd time on MOTD and playing for England and he looks a bit of a donkey to be brutally honest :ears:
I'm curious what Saints fans and peeps who watch more footy than me think of him.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Very much in the Andy Carroll mould in my eyes.

Granted, he's more mobile, but still not a pacey as most kind seem to be going for these days.

70 minutes, 1-0 down needing a goal, throw him on and kick it into the box as a second option.

Expensive way to achieve it mind with what they already have in the squad.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Liverpool need a reserve striker, especially with European games, so not a bad shortish term option. Who could they buy that would be happy to warm the bench ?

I heard that it will be a package deal with Lalana, and that they fee will be heavily loaded on to Lambert. Will save Southampton having to pay Bournemouth a big wedge of Lalana's true value.

D

Deleted member 1740

If Lambert signs for Liverpool I'll show my arse in Woolworths window :smirk:

He's a good player but not champions league quality and that's what we need.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
9million is nothing nowadays. I think he would be a good signing for Liverpool. They will need a bigger squad and when they need the big guns for the Champions league so he can put away some of the rabble teams while Suarez has the cigars out.

Look at that Aspas lad they have got, they spent 7 million on him and he is useless.

jpenno

Head Pro
Visit site

Stu - I think you will be dropping your keks, not sure there's a woolies left in Liverpool though ;-)

He will add strength to the squad, he is supposedly Part of a Lovren and Llana deal to be announced tomorrow. (I heard his Missus may have let the cat out of the bag earlier today and media got hold of the news)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Actually i thought he showed some guile and created more. Speed is good but reading a game and positioning is better. I think you may get a surprise I think he will fall into the sheringham category.
However I think the payment is a dirty little trick to not pay Bournemouth but if Southampton want be like that it's their business and probably it will blew up in their face at some point.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
9million is nothing nowadays. I think he would be a good signing for Liverpool. They will need a bigger squad and when they need the big guns for the Champions league so he can put away some of the rabble teams while Suarez has the cigars out.

Look at that Aspas lad they have got, they spent 7 million on him and he is useless.

And he's English. He may aswell be sub for Liverpool than be a sub for Southampton. Its a great move for him, good option for Liverpool to have like Birchy says in the Champions League and against the Palace's, Sunderland's etc.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
And he's English. He may aswell be sub for Liverpool than be a sub for Southampton. Its a great move for him, good option for Liverpool to have like Birchy says in the Champions League and against the Palace's, Sunderland's etc.

If it were any club other than Liverpool I think we'd block the move. £9m is a good price for both parties. We will do well to get someone in for that price that's any better for us. As to being a donkey, or Andy Carroll. No chance, he can win the ball in the air, but the assists he gets arent tap downs. He can play in the hole ala sheringham. Google his goals, taps in, pens, free kicks and 30 yard screamers. He'll be a sub, but I don't think he'll be shown up. Believe Rooney and sturridge are only English strikers to score more in the Orem in last two years. Not sure sturridge has actually.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think it's a good move

Decent back up striker for £4mil

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Finding a Woolies window anywhere could be difficult! I think you've been told that already! :rolleyes:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As much as I'd hate to lose him, he is nearing the end of his career and Liverpool is his boyhood club, it would be wrong to stand in his way. IF its true then good luck and thanks to him. Although the latest reports are that any bid has been rejected, as were the ones for Lallana and Shaw.

G

guest100718

hardly a marquee signing. At 4 mil though its nothing to lose really

G

guest100718

lp I have you on ignore, so although i know youve replied to one of my posts, I cant see what is says, which is quite nice actully cos you post complete BS