Rick Shiels plays St Andrews.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
If you’re not interested in watching all of this
Just forward to the 18th ?[/QUOTE]

That's outrageous. ?

I played Friday and on a par 5 avoided a straight pull OB over the road by opening the club face and manufacturing a massive slice for 220 yards, that somehow hit the fairway. Second shot was a thinned 7 iron for 165 yards. Third a thinned gap wedge for 110 yards to six foot before pulling the putt after a misread for birdie.

? ??

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My first thought was somebody threw it back onto the green but unlikely, as mentioned above shiels has never shyed away from showing the bad stuff. He's open that way

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t think there’s any reason to suggest it’s fake - the line he hit and his distance in general means it’s feasible. I also recognise who the person is speaking to Shiels about hitting The Open shop* and he’s got no reason for shenanigans.

I mean it’s not out of the ordinary for a passer by to pick up balls and even throw balls back on some the paths around the old. I’ve seen that happen but never on 18.

* a rant. It’s not The Open Shop, It’s Tom Morris’s shop and people should know better. The rebranding a few years back should not have been done, especially when they have a much larger shop space next door. A blatant cash grab and a loss of character.

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Yeah I highly doubt that was fake - the cost of faking a video like that for his reputation would be too large. With so many spectators, someone would have filmed it or said something if there was any funny business. Also, as others have said, Shiels has posted plenty of garbage scores/shots etc. on his channel.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched it last night, it was an enjoyable watch. Some luck on 18....... agree with above, unlikely to fake it methinks.

I did similar the first time I played there, hit a big wide "fade", bounced in the back of a flat bed truck parked along the fence, and landed back on the fairway.....