Reverting back to an old driver! it did work well once.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a bad day with the big dog Sunday after a few weeks hitting it nicely, my old Titty 909 D3 8.5 worked lovely on the range today, I know the range isn't the course and with no single medal for a week. It can't hurt leaving the R15 in the garage for a weekend can it??

I've cranked down the R15 from 10.5 to the lowest setting but it still flies really high, not sure it's best with heavy winds last few weeks.

good or bad idea going back? is the R15 the best tool for the job anyway?

something else to worry about come the first tee Sunday :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a fan of TaylorMade drivers personally. The R15 I borrowed off a mate earlier this year was a great club, only reason I didn't buy it off him was the shaft was a bit heavy. Ended up buying the R11-S I have now, which is definitely the best driver I've owned.

The caveat though is that I go for high-lofted drivers whereas it sounds like you're the opposite.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah never had an issue getting it up in the air, infact my issue is keeping it down :-( thus not great in the wind and then struggle for distance and control. end up playing punch cuts with the driver.

Guess just try it and see again.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Stuck my old 'XCG3' 3-wood back in the bag for the 'mid week medal' this evening as I've been having issues with my 'XR' for the last few rounds (keep bottoming it out for some strange reason) the 'XCG' performed faultlessly apart from one 'duffer' outta the rough on the 11th...

After this evenings performance off the tee's I'm seriously considering giving it a permanent spot in the bag and if I'm honest I'm struggling to find a reason as to why I ever replaced it...

D

Deleted member 1740

Going back to an old driver is like shacking up with an ex bird, it's wrong but it feels sooooooo right:D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only have two drivers (these days) and so tend to stick to the Ping G in the bag. My old Ping G25 has a slight dent in the head (can't see it at address) but feels wrong and damaged and I don't trust it anymore. I do think it was one of the best drivers I've had and now you've sown a seed I might have to try it again just to see

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Hitting it long again and with penetrative flight 🎯 R15 is going 2009 driver works.

8.5 v 10.5 cranked down, TM got it wrong for me on ball flight.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only have two drivers (these days) and so tend to stick to the Ping G in the bag. My old Ping G25 has a slight dent in the head (can't see it at address) but feels wrong and damaged and I don't trust it anymore. I do think it was one of the best drivers I've had and now you've sown a seed I might have to try it again just to see

Got a roll up game tomorrow and going to ignore this totally and try the G25. The G has let me down badly this weekend and so trying anything at the moment

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got a roll up game tomorrow and going to ignore this totally and try the G25. The G has let me down badly this weekend and so trying anything at the moment

I don't think a lump of metal on a stick can let you down.

I agree it could be the shaft and loft that might not suit your swing at the moment but I guess they did at one point?

I've never been let down by my clubs, ever, never will be either, unless they break of course ;)

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Great sticks 👍 TM tour silver and gold went miles, marketing has spoilt the big stick
Seriously considering searching out an original Great Big Bertha...used to be a magic wand back in the day...

Omg honestly again wondering why I've used the R15 for a year #Madness #FairwayFinder and long

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Decided for a lie in and a morning with the long suffering wife so the G25 rebirth will have to wait for a practice round tomorrow. Did manage to hit a few on the practice ground this afternoon. Seemed reasonable but holding out to see it on the course again

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seriously considering searching out an original Great Big Bertha...used to be a magic wand back in the day...

Interesting that you should say that ............................. :smirk:.

I was thinking about my Callaway Warbird S2H2 Great Big Bertha 9º Driver that I no longer use.
It's got a Callaway BB UL Firm Flex graphite shaft with a good Lambkin grip.
The club is in good order but has no head cover.
Is this of any interest?

Slime.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Interesting that you should say that ............................. :smirk:.

I was thinking about my Callaway Warbird S2H2 Great Big Bertha 9º Driver that I no longer use.
It's got a Callaway BB UL Firm Flex graphite shaft with a good Lambkin grip.
The club is in good order but has no head cover.
Is this of any interest?

Slime.

Nothing on Golfbidder or ebay grabbing your fancy?

Fancy already grabbed Ta👍