Replacement Irons

guanpoo

Visit site
I've recently taken up the game again, and ahtough I love them, my old faithful irons are showing their age( the finish is deteriorating, grooves are less sharp, and shafts and grips need replacing). My current set is old, so old, but the best feeling irons I have ever played - Maxfli DP30s. Are there any modern irons out there that can match the feel and shot shaping ability of the ols Aussie blades while still offering the full range of long irons (yes, I'm an old fart that would rather carry a 1 and 2 iron than extra woods). Sorry for the rambling post, but I really need a new set but nothing I've tried or looked at fits the bill. Even though I took a break of around 12 years from the game, I still stike the ball consistantly, and altough I don't have an offiail handicap at the moment (rejoining my old club after the winter) I've been shooting within a few shots of par for the last few months. I have a naturally high ball trajectory and can shpe the ball in either direction. My shaft of choice back in the day was the dynamic gold x100 if this offers any additional info.

rare-set-of-maxfli-dp-30-australian-blade-irons-5550522-1_800X600.jpg

These are my current irons.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Nowt wrong with them, regrip them and go.

I've got a set of late 1970s black dot Australian Blades as well as a set of earlier Slazengers that pre-date the Australian Blades.
Both are among my favourite iron sets.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
But if you want a lower ball flight then maybe look out for some good condition John Letters Master Models, there are several variations and dates available.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site