Reoccurring Faults

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sure i'm similar to everyone else in that I am guilty of committing the same mistakes over and over and i'm curious as to know what yours are?

For me;

No tension
Stronger left hand grip
Don't fan the club open when starting the backswing
Minimise head movement

If i achieve the above then i usually swing well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bent left arm is the big one. Keep it straight, don't over swing.

Not following through properly, belt buckle to the target. Too army, too often.

Tension, does holding the club tight enough to strangle a rattle snake count as tension? If so, I'm in on that one as well. Need to relax my arms more.

There are others but as with you, if I get those 3 right then the other issues are minimal in comparison.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oldest one in the book but I still feel like my head comes up when hitting, unless I focus on not doing it. Especially on pitch shots, which will generally result in knifing it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Overswinging and so lifting on the back swing with a large cupping of the wrists. Working so hard on the drills I was shown last September but breaking 30 years of doing it incorrectly is hard to break, especially if tempo gets too quick and even more so on the course and under pressure. It's something I've got to keep going with as the long term benefits and gains are obvious. Even though people keep saying it should be easy to feel and shorten, it's not something I can "feel" in action

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
After 15 or so years of playing this infuriating game, you'd think by now I'd have learned to KEEP MY EYES ON THE ****ING BALL!!!