Regrooving weges/irons

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hello: Anybody know if you can get old irons or wedges with the bigger grooves converted? e.g. Vokey spin milled converted to the cc grooves.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why would you want to. As an amateur you can still use them for another ten years minimum.

If you need c of c grooves, you need to buy a new conforming wedge. You can't convert.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the reply:

I'd thought I'd read it was a graded changeover from tour pros (happened), through PGA pro's, elite amteurs levels and so on to club level in 2024. Though I'm not aware if this is set in stone or subject to change.

I just figured a regroove would be cheaper than a whole new set of irons and was hoping it'd be possible.

Edit: I have Callaway irons and when I contacted them to see fi they could re-groove th irons, they said not and didn't know if that service was available elsewhere.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Groove rules explained.

At the minute the rule only exists as a condition of competition (like the one ball rule). Even at pro level old grooves can be used if the CofC wasn't in place.

2024 is the year the rule will be standard and no longer a CofC but a requirement at all levels.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
2024 is the year the rule will be standard and no longer a CofC but a requirement at all levels.

They use the term "at least" meaning it could be years after before they implement the change for us.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmmm.

2024?

No need for me to buy new wedges. By then, anything from 100yds in I'll be using a driver.

Assuming I'll make it to then :eek: :eek: :eek:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
They say that golf adds at least 5 years to your life.

Am I wrong in wanting that 5 years now, rather than at the other end?

:D :D :D

BTW, Anyone know where I can get a cyanide pill? If I don't drop dead on a golf course, squash court, or in some lady's bed (I wish :D), then I want to decide when I go before I become a unable to look after myself and reliant on others to keep me alive in a semi vegetative state.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
They say that golf adds at least 5 years to your life.

Am I wrong in wanting that 5 years now, rather than at the other end?

:D :D :D

BTW, Anyone know where I can get a cyanide pill? If I don't drop dead on a golf course, squash court, or in some lady's bed (I wish :D), then I want to decide when I go before I become a unable to look after myself and reliant on others to keep me alive in a semi vegetative state.

When you feel you've reached the end of the road then you could always develop a liking for playing during thunderstorms on very open courses. Or plan one last golf holiday to Switzerland.

CaptainStue

Hacker
Visit site
The only way to properly solve this is to have the face of the club Spray Chromed to a depth greater than the depth of the grooves. Then machined flat to restore original dimensions then grooved to the new design, very very very expensive - just buy new wedges!