Refurbed balls

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Fake golf balls??!!! OMG Is it worth it? I am now a bit worry about buying anything on Ebay :-(

Well they buy the fake pro vee's for £15 and sell each box slightly cheaper than normal say £25, so a tenner a box and shifting 23-30 boxes a week....

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Always seem to have resisted the temptation to risk the supposedly referbished & lake balls that perport to be decent branded balls. There always looks to be something wrong with the look of these suposedly premium balls when I've compared the look of the real thing with the referbished balls, they just look wrong to me & on closer ispection many are much older versions imported from the US

They might well be very good balls, but not knowing how long balls like this have actually been under water on laying on a course before being refurbished & on some balls are they actually the ball that is sugested by the printing on the ball.

I think its my sceptisism that prevents me from taking up on these good deals. Might consider something like that in the winter.

But would much rather use a half decent ball where the consistency from one ball to the next can be relied upon in performance. If you know how a ball acts both conciously & subconciously it will be reflected over a long term in someones game. Just try swaping from a distance ball to a premium ball & back, then using balls that have several rounds played with them, then go back again & the game will suffer, hence why I try not to chop & change too often in the ball I use. Hence why for over a season I was using Maxfli Fire balls, however due to my usual sources of these balls no-longer stocking them I'm again having to experiment to find anothe ball that fits my game & also feels good to use, unfortunatly its left me suseptable to the very curse about not knowing how a ball is going to act in long & short game. Which has shown its ugly head over the past week in poor performance.

Think I've found a ball in the Srixon Trispeed but at £24 is too expensive & may find myself once more deciding to pay £19 for my balls in the form of Titleist NXT Tour.

Though the reason for getting the Maxfli Fire ball was that I could get them for £15, which is a much better price for a ball of premium performance.. Hey ho.

If I were to use a budget ball over the winter in hindsight I still wouldn't use lake balls, but instead either stick with my summer ball or use something like a pinnicle gold or Callaway Warbirds

I too like the TriSpeeds, Direct Golf have them for £20 a dozen or £38 for two dozen, with free delivery too.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
The thing with refurbs is you never know what you are going to get. I have had one lot of provs which were awful, absolutely useless felt horrible off the face and were unreceptive around the greens. Then I had another lot which were chucked in for free with the purchase of a new club and they were great and someone of my ability would be hard pressed to tell the difference between those and the real thing. They felt great and still spun well. It's a thing of luck when buying refurbished balls so I usually spend the extra money on a new box of Ad333s for example as I never have much luck where golf is concerned, and I prefer the consistency that you get with a dozen new balls;)

MickCTR

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sorry to thread hi-jack but I've seen the AD333's mentioned quite a bit. What other viable alternatives are there to ProV1's? New of course. I've just been religiously sticking to pro v's, it'd be good to try something different!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Sorry to thread hi-jack but I've seen the AD333's mentioned quite a bit. What other viable alternatives are there to ProV1's? New of course . I've just been religiously sticking to pro v's, it'd be good to try something different!

I have been looking at the medium range ball other than the AD333, the only alternative is the Wilson DX2 or the NXT of the same quality and they are more expensive than the AD333. I have bought 40 AD333 grade A & B for £20 and due to the current climate think I will be buying second-hand balls for the time being and keeping the new ones I have for special matches.