Red Wine

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Forgot to mention have a regular monthly meet with a mate of mine today where we put the world to rights over a decent bottle of red or port and some cheese. Will let you know this afternoon what we go for I think it is his pick this month

Had a bottle of St Emillion Grand Cru another great drop of wine

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Reading through this thread really makes me want to reverse my decision on being Tea total!

I do miss a nice glass or two of Red.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Had a bottle of St Emillion Grand Cru another great drop of wine

Generally been something of a disappointment to me! It's really only another appellation, albeit with a slightly lower yield and higher alcohol requirement! It's a demonstration of how some label information can be misleading - occasionally seriously! The term Grand Cru Classe, however, is rather different, especially the top 2! The sale of an old (and leaky!) one of them (a 1947 Cheval Blanc) paid for my air ticket over here!

Not quite one to go to as an alternative to the 2.99 one mentioned by the OP though!

Last edited:
U

User62651

Spent a winter as a ski bum in France many moons ago and drank so much cheap plonk red table wine on a daily basis at 60p/litre from SuperU that basically any bottle of red wine bought here tastes great to me now, its all relatively good in comparison to the french plonk, I do prefer a Rioja but there's just so many good ones out there, use Lidl a bit and they have a rating score for their more expensive ones, worth checking out as for £10 you can get a really excellent bottle.
Never really drink white, just can't get into it other than some bubbly at Xmas.:cool:

V

vkurup

Try Chateauneuf du Pape. It's expensive, but you can occasionally get it for £10 a bottle. I save it for special occasions, and drink it at the start of the evening - it's wasted if you're already wasted!

I used to like them, but now i think there are a few flooding the market and not everything with the CdP label is worth the money,,