Reciprocals....what's normal?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
11 reciprocals for £30 - £40 including S&A and about 45 courtesy courses which are allegedly free as part of 1906 club. However, Crans-sur-sierre is on the courtesy list and I've been told thats definitely not gratis.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We have loads where you pay what looks about their own guest fee. I'm happy with that as there are some real crackers on the list.
We only really have the one, which is Gullane and that's gratis, but I think more of their members come and use it that the other way round.
When I was a tain member, they had about a dozen and they were at the member guest rate, but originally when it was just the 6 Dornoch bridge clubs it wax 3 rounds on each free per year, but you couldn't play Dornoch championship in July and Aug.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I forgot to say we also have the East Lothian access scheme where you can play a lot of the East Lothian clubs for half price. Doesn't include Muirfield, Renaissance and a couple of others.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
If they are free reciprocals then yes, that is a lot. My club has 2 free ones and others at a reduced rate as it is part of the James Braid society, course designer. Other clubs I've been a member of up here have been part of a group in the region that allow you to play at the guest rate rather than pay the full fee. I think this is a good deal, it's a benefit to the club as well as it encourages you to be a club member rather than purely a nomad.

my club is a James Braid but i think AG are too tight to pay JBS membership fees so i can't get reduced rates on any of his other courses

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
my club is a James Braid but i think AG are too tight to pay JBS membership fees so i can't get reduced rates on any of his other courses
When I joined, this year, I was given a print out of all of the clubs and the deals. It looked great but then I realised it was out of date. When I checked each club in the near vacinity the deals are not as attractive as they were a few years ago but they still beat a kick in the teeth. In essence, you aren't missing out as much as you might have in the past.

nyckuk

Visit site
We have 13 of them locally within 40 miles and a further 8 dotted across the country . Theres a £2 admin fee to pay for any of them

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We have 13 reciprocal arrangements (11 within an hour or so drive) that we get for free (at least all that I have played are free to us). Reciprocals for a club are limited by each club to one fourball a week.

On ‘Open‘ days local clubs in the area will make one or more (free) courtesy tee times available to members of the club holding the open competition.

To get any reciprocal or courtesy our office posts notice shortly before each comes up. We put our names down as four balls and there is a draw - though the office tries to make sure same individuals don‘t end up playing more than others…so a bit of fair and reasonable manipulation goes on.

note…just noticed we now have a reciprocal arrangement with Rothley Park in Leics…must go check it out.

Last edited: