Reasons for hitting a hook

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well it started out well!! You were right I think bob! Concentrated on posture and weight transfer and the first round went quite well only scored 25 points as had a bit of a collapse on the back nine with 4 consecutive blobs! Tried chasing a score more and more which just made it worse and worse! Had 17 at the turn so happy with that. The second round was a complete disaster and struggled to hit anything and saw me finish tenth in a field of 16, my best finish as I've been last for the last 3 years!!

Need to go and work at it again now as I completely lost the swing on the way round and my driving which has been a string point for the last year was none existant!!

Thanks bob for saving my skin the advice really worked, just need to make it more repeatable now.

Were you hooking it?

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only later in the second round which was a combination of tiredness and utter defeat! My irons and hybrid were pretty well behaved and straight the driver on the other hand was erratic! Hooks, slices the lot!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only later in the second round which was a combination of tiredness and utter defeat! My irons and hybrid were pretty well behaved and straight the driver on the other hand was erratic! Hooks, slices the lot!

Take a look at your shoulder turn and make sure your left shoulder stays down fairly level in the downswing. Tilting the left shoulder up too much in the downswing can get you pushing the arms out to the right which can create hooks.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quick update, Bobs points worked as transferred weight better and irons and hybrid instantly went much straight thanks bob. Second point was driver just not going over last four rounds until Thursday. After a few holes I tweaked the grip, my pro had strengthened the left hand which was fine with my irons etc but a more neutral grip with the big dog has it going long and straight ish again.

Thanks for all your input.