RBZ 2 fairway - Tour vs Standard

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
A couple of months ago I changed irons which meant I no longer had any really need for my Dunlop 3 & 4 Hybrids (distances achieved by them became irrelevant), and the Dunlop 3 wood gets rarely used as it barely goes much further than my 5 iron (exception being in the wind as it flies lower). I’ve started looking around for fairway woods and hybrids and have been tempted (mostly by price) by the rbz 2 fairway – for some reason the tour model is cheaper and I’m tempted to go with it although I suspect the standard model is easier to hit… the question really is would the tour model be that harder for an improving golfer (h/c 15.1) to hit?

This is sort of an impulse buy (I know I should try a few) but I’m thinking purchase tomorrow, practice tomorrow night and put it in play for Saturday (playing a long soggy course – so little roll anticipated)).

Thanks!

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its normally the shaft that's different the head is the same on both. I've always found the tp versions always flew lower.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
with the rbz 2, the standard one will not be adjustable. the tour will give you loft settings and will most likely have a stronger shaft.

LinksTurf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am a 16 handicap golfer with an average swing speed and I bought the RBZ Stage 2 Tour Hybrid last November. I find it very easy to hit indeed and very forgiving.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its normally the shaft that's different the head is the same on both. I've always found the tp versions always flew lower.

Tour versions are usually smaller heads, and slightly different lofts too !

Which in this model gives lower launch and lower spin, and a different swingweight too.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With TM the designations Tour and TP are not the same... So be careful with the terminology.
TP usually means a shaft upgrade, the tour is a different head I think.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have the tour head, slightly smaller but you shouldnt have any difficulty hitting it as its still a big head.

I have the TP shaft though which is heavier and stiffer. I seriously doubt the retailer will be supplying a TP shaft with the tour head, probably just the stock R or S

LinksTurf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the tour head, slightly smaller but you shouldnt have any difficulty hitting it as its still a big head.

I have the TP shaft though which is heavier and stiffer. I seriously doubt the retailer will be supplying a TP shaft with the tour head, probably just the stock R or S

The shaft in the tour is slightly heavier than the shaft in the standard, but not the same as the TP.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
With TM the designations Tour and TP are not the same... So be careful with the terminology.
TP usually means a shaft upgrade, the tour is a different head I think.

The shaft in the tour is slightly heavier than the shaft in the standard, but not the same as the TP.

yep - and the differences are there so you need to find the one that works for you.

I've had 4 TM 3 woods - burner 09 regular, burner superfast stiff, burner superfast2 stiff, rbz1 Tour TP S

The 1st (so easy to hit) and last (so powerful) both work well for me, the SF was inconsistent and the SF2 was consistently hit out of the toe - whatever I did to try and avoid it!

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks everyone - I'll do a bit (albeit limited) of experimenting at the shop tomorrow, but I've bought the tour version already.... A fool & his money and all that. Of course, if it doesn't behave instantly I'll hold you all responsible!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks everyone - I'll do a bit (albeit limited) of experimenting at the shop tomorrow, but I've bought the tour version already.... A fool & his money and all that. Of course, if it doesn't behave instantly I'll hold you all responsible!

One man's club experiment is another man's bargain!