Range Finder

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

Currently looking at a range finder, this will be my first.

Do you recommend any? Ideally looking at a maximum £100

Thanks

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I picked up an old Bushenll Medallist on eBay for £80 last year. It's still going strong and is a great addition imo, always used GPS but this is great when trying to judge distance for a lay up or if you can't see the bottom of the pin.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got a tonor range finder from amazon (it was about 45 iirc). Has been a useful tool in the bag... When I'm hitting the ball well. If you want distance accurate to the yard I'd look at other brands but if you jus want a sense check then cheap is fine.

really useful for getting the ball park distance to a bunker, or green but not that accurate in my opinion.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
I got one of these recently, based on scouring Google, Amazon et al for reviews;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Suaoki-Dis...062&sr=8-5&keywords=Suaoki++golf+range+finder

It's just gone up £20 to this price of £99.99

Seems to work ok, but you need to set expectations, probably with any brand, imho they are good for distances say 25yds to 170 yds. Longer and you'll probably get the trees behind the pin (depending on your course). The slope feature is well worth it. You may want to look into this, as some club comps want to see an external switch or mechanism that proves the slope is switched off - or so I'm led to believe. Once you've used it for a few weeks, your ability to judge distance improves, well mine did at least. I make a note of my distance per club, built over time and at the range (I'm still improving, so this is changing for me). Now I just need to hit each club reliably to the distance I have selected and all will be well!!!!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I was looking on getting something called Easygreen 1300? If anyone has heard of it?

I was looking at that before I got the Bushnell v4 (now sold) looks a great piece of kit and reviews well for under £150 with slop tech you won't find much cheaper

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site