Race to Dubai 2021

Goswick

Visit site
I’m pretty sure that players need to have played a minimum of 4 European Tour events (including the Ryder Cup) in order to qualify for the DP Tour Championship. Unless I’m missing something that should mean Morikawa (1st), Horschel (2), Ancer (9), Zalatoris (10) and Reed (49) don’t meet the criteria (unless they take an invite for the AVIV Dubai Championship). What am I missing?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Don't Majors and WGCs count..?
According to the R2D page on the ET website Morikawa has played the same number of events as Jon Rahm....9

Goswick

Visit site
I’m pretty sure Majors/WGCs don’t count - not sure about the Olympics…Rahm played the Scottish Open, Open De Espana, Andalucia Masters - plus the Ryder Cup. Morikawa only has the Scottish, Dubai Desert Classic and the Ryder Cup.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
I’m pretty sure Majors/WGCs don’t count - not sure about the Olympics…Rahm played the Scottish Open, Open De Espana, Andalucia Masters - plus the Ryder Cup. Morikawa only has the Scottish, Dubai Desert Classic and the Ryder Cup.
Ryder Cup has nothing to do with Race to Dubai Ratings

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To let Majors and WGCs count to the standings in the R2D - they must do as Morikawa is leading - but not let them count to the entry qualification criteria for the Tour Championship would make no sense at all....if, by some freak of consequence, all Majors and WGCs were won by different Europeans, you could, potentially, exclude all of them from the Tour Championship if they hadn't played any more events...that wouldn't help the profile of the event.

Goswick

Visit site
Majors and WGCs definitely count…which is why Tiger Woods has 41 European Tour victories
And yet he’s never finished in the Top 10 of the European Tour Order of Merit/Race to Dubai. His wins count as European Tour wins (just like they count as PGA Tour wins) they just don’t towards the end of year ranking unless he’d played at least 4 regular European Tour events that year…

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And yet, Collin, Billy etc qualify for the R2D.

A quick look at the ET website shows the ET events that Collin M has taken part in

Attachments

• 814CA299-A16B-404C-BBAA-6F5A3DE659C3.png
    814CA299-A16B-404C-BBAA-6F5A3DE659C3.png
    503.8 KB · Views: 3

Goswick

Visit site
To let Majors and WGCs count to the standings in the R2D - they must do as Morikawa is leading - but not let them count to the entry qualification criteria for the Tour Championship would make no sense at all....if, by some freak of consequence, all Majors and WGCs were won by different Europeans, you could, potentially, exclude all of them from the Tour Championship if they hadn't played any more events...that wouldn't help the profile of the event.
They tend to keep them in the rankings as affiliate members until it becomes clear they can’t meet the minimum appearance criteria. It’s a bit awkward when that’s 4 of the top 10. They waived the minimum criteria last year due to the pandemic - maybe they’ve decided to do the same this year…

Goswick

Visit site
And yet, Collin, Billy etc qualify for the R2D.

A quick look at the ET website shows the ET events that Collin M has taken part in
I’m not disputing Collin’s played 9 ET events this year - just that only two of them count towards R2D minimum eligibility (Dubai and Scottish). Same for Billy (BMW PGA and Dunhill Links). They’ve at least played some regular events so I can’t see them not playing The DP World Toyr Championship - but Zalatoris hasn’t played in anything other than Majors/WGCs.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not disputing Collin’s played 9 ET events this year - just that only two of them count towards R2D minimum eligibility (Dubai and Scottish). Same for Billy (BMW PGA and Dunhill Links). They’ve at least played some regular events so I can’t see them not playing The DP World Toyr Championship - but Zalatoris hasn’t played in anything other than Majors/WGCs.

I’m not sure why you can’t see it

The majors and wgcs count towards eligibility!

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnews...-how-it-works-field-sizes-tournaments-121477/