R11 Drivers

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
try one first, i come from the 09 burner (very forgiving) to the r11, 6 weeks later it was on ebay, when it was straight, it was scary long (around 30 yards longer than the burner), but it was about as forgiving as a wife who cought you in bed with both her sisters and her mother filming it.... not good at all.

got the old burner back in the bag,

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
try one first, i come from the 09 burner (very forgiving) to the r11, 6 weeks later it was on ebay, when it was straight, it was scary long (around 30 yards longer than the burner), but it was about as forgiving as a wife who cought you in bed with both her sisters and her mother filming it.... not good at all.

got the old burner back in the bag,

oddsocks you got some REAL issues with those fantasies mate :))))

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry about the reference to the unforgiving wife v's the r11.....

But anyway..... Connor, I played with all the head weight/shaft loft settings and never really found a forgiving setting. My bad shot was a hook caused by an in to out swing. I tried opening the face, and also adjusting the head weights do it wouldn't close at impact, but still struggled with big hooks even though it was set for soft fades effectively. Went back to the burner with the same swing and driving improved noticeably.

Granted I have now gone through some swing changes and wouldn't mind tryin it again, but my opinion is that it's a driver for low hc golfers

mc73

Club Champion
Visit site
A bad swing will cause a slice regardless of how closed the driver gets set.

I play with a titleist d2 with a max draw setting and still hit a slight cut which suits me if I'm honest but would rather hit it straight all the time ;)

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I got the Tp one last month for my birthday, absolutely love it.
I agree what some of the lads have said previously about the stock blur shaft - its gash! So ordered mine with the same custom shaft that was in my R9, the Matrix ozik hd6 stiff.
All in all chuffed to peices.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bad swing will cause a slice regardless of how closed the driver gets set.

I play with a titleist d2 with a max draw setting and still hit a slight cut which suits me if I'm honest but would rather hit it straight all the time ;)

Ever considered that the shaft just may be too stiff for you? Hit a driver with a shaft that is too stiff and normally the end result is a slice. Try putting a more flexible shaft in it just to see if it helps.....;)

3fiddyz

Visit site
Bargain price.... Got an R11 as well as a 2010 Burner... Burner was still longer than then the R11 untill I upgraded the shaft to a Fubuki Alpha 63.. Different noise now but am getting about the same distance.. If I had gone with a longer Alpha shaft then I think I would be getting more distance from the R11 but happy with the increased control off the R11...

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've had a custom fit, it's in my swing more than the shaft.

So did I and Titleist bus fitted me with a grafalloy red which feels like a heavy piece of wood, persevered for years with a hook worse than a certain captain, recently tried a fubuki stiff and it was a revelation, need a proper custom fit for driver and woods now I feel.

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All I can say is beware from buying from Golf Depot. I bought a driver from them all well and good but I also got a item of clothing which was the wrong size.

Long and short of it is THEY DONT ANSWER THEIR PHONE AND THEY DONT ANSWER EMAILS. If you get club which has a problem unless you live near them you are screwed.