Quick question

Bamberdele21

Visit site
I’ve made a few threads on here of recent, some of you may be familiar with.

Just wondering what kind of age range the folk are on this forum?

I can only imagine golf has changed rapidly over years and my club has a very mixed clientele. It caters for lot of younger folks due to the top tracer being available where a lot of groups will treat it as a night out. Bar closes at 10pm on the range and 1am in the hotel.

I’m mid 30’s but young at heart ?

Last edited:

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Judging by the amount of moaning on here I would guess that most are near/at/well past retirement age. Some are, I believe, even late 70's/early 80's but still playing golf so fair play to them (y)

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have had some young Forumers over the years as well. There was Mono217 (Connor), a young lad from Liverpool back in 2009/2010 and another, who's name escapes me, who really wanted to attend an organised meet but "his Mum wouldn't let him" - presumably worried that he would be meeting up with a couple of dozen unknown men from the internet. Not an unreasonable view I suppose:unsure:

Bamberdele21

Visit site
I’d say judging by the replies from my recent threads there’s a good mix here.

Majority seem like the old grandad type tho which is great. Love having a chat at the bar with the old school. One couldn’t believe the golf shoes I was wearing were actual golf shoes.

On that note some of the modern golf attire out there at the moment is seriously good. Spent a fortune on golf clothes recently and I can get away with wearing it without looking like a ‘golfer’ ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am 35. In my Sunday footy team I'm the old git, but at the golf club I'm the young buck. ? But one of the many great things about golf is that different generations can play together and chat with a common ground - our obsession with the game.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I played in my first "Seniors Open" this summer... it felt like starting secondary school again! :)
I played my first seniors ‘comp plus meal’ event on Monday. After the meal the organiser had all ‘newbies’ stand up to make ourselves known to everyone else (four of us). I’m afraid I found it rather embarrassing and a bit excruciating (as I found the organisers speech and ‘ jokes’). And yes - a bit like having to stand up in class as a new pupil in school…

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played my first seniors ‘comp plus meal’ event on Monday. After the meal the organiser had all ‘newbies’ stand up to make ourselves known to everyone else (four of us). I’m afraid I found it rather embarrassing and a bit excruciating (as I found the organisers speech and ‘ jokes’). And yes - a bit like having to stand up in class as a new pupil in school…
You must have passed the damp crotch initiation test easily :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Eh Hugh :p

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I’ve made a few threads on here of recent, some of you may be familiar with.

Just wondering what kind of age range the folk are on this forum?

I can only imagine golf has changed rapidly over years and my club has a very mixed clientele. It caters for lot of younger folks due to the top tracer being available where a lot of groups will treat it as a night out. Bar closes at 10pm on the range and 1am in the hotel.

I’m mid 30’s and but young at heart ?

Based on the weekday morning golf crowd, my club is affiliated with an assisted-living facility.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am 64 next week still off 6 cap.
I do still have a love of the game.
It’s a game I hope to play with my grandkids but they are to young yet
Being on this earth has made me very cynical it creeps up on you.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sometimes, its like Last of the Summer Wine on here!
Or maybe that should be Mortimer and Whitehouse go Fishing, love that one. :)
This year so far I've been bitten by a Cleg, not played many Compos, my memory is becoming a bit Foggy and my driving is going batty, bloody Nora :ROFLMAO: