Questions about WHS regarding 9 hole rounds

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is the third question from this "person" written to exactly the same forumula. Contributors took the trouble to offer helpful replies to the previous two to which the poster made no response. I've no idea what the purpose is as there isn't even a dodgy link to lead us astray but suggest he/it is trolling and best ignored.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
A 9-hole score is scaled up to an equivalent 18-hole Score Differential as follows and rounded to the nearest tenth, with .5 rounded upwards:

Score Differential = (113 ÷ Slope Rating) x (adjusted gross score Course Rating – (0.5 x PCC adjustment))

Where:

Slope Rating equals the 9-hole Slope Rating of the 9 holes played.

Adjusted gross score equals the adjusted gross score for the 9 holes played, plus net pars for the second nine holes plus one additional stroke. It is calculated using the 18-hole Course Handicap, based on the 9 holes played.

Course Rating equals the Course Rating of the 9 holes played, doubled.

50% of the playing conditions calculation (PCC) for the day is applied.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is the third question from this "person" written to exactly the same forumula. Contributors took the trouble to offer helpful replies to the previous two to which the poster made no response. I've no idea what the purpose is as there isn't even a dodgy link to lead us astray but suggest he/it is best ignored.

I wish I had been as observant as you, Colin.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the third question from this "person" written to exactly the same forumula. Contributors took the trouble to offer helpful replies to the previous two to which the poster made no response. I've no idea what the purpose is as there isn't even a dodgy link to lead us astray but
suggest he/it is trolling and best ignored.

Shirley we should not be ignoring him.

Leslie Nielson

Visit site
No intention of trolling. Thank you for your answers. I am learning about 9 hole rounds and would like some help

When a player submits a score at least 7 strokes below their handicap index it is called an exceptional low score and a -1 adjustment is made to their handicap index (-2 when the score is more than 10 strokes below)

Question: What are the rules for exceptional low scores when you play a 9 hole round?

Any help most appreciated

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good morning, Leslie. Good to know you are real and interested. Rosecott has given the detail of how in the CONGU jurisdiction, a 9 hole score is scaled up to an 18 hole score. In the absence (as far as I can see) of anything in the rules specifically about exceptional scores and 9 hole rounds, I take it that if the resulting score differential of a scaled up 9 hole score meets the criteria for an exceptional reduction, then a reduction is applied. I hope someone else can verify (or refute) that.

In other jurisdictions, 9 hole scores are "stored" until another 9 hole score is entered. I don't know how an exceptional score could be assessed on that basis given that there could be a considerable time lapse between the rounds.

A look through the handicapping rules would help you in general, I'm sure. This is a link to the rules for Great Britain and Ireland (GB&I). If you are in a different part of the world, you should seek out the version of the WHS rules produced by your national authority.
https://www.congu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/WHSDocs/WHS-Rules-of-Handicapping.pdf

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good morning, Leslie. Good to know you are real and interested. Rosecott has given the detail of how in the CONGU jurisdiction, a 9 hole score is scaled up to an 18 hole score. In the absence (as far as I can see) of anything in the rules specifically about exceptional scores and 9 hole rounds, I take it that if the resulting score differential of a scaled up 9 hole score meets the criteria for an exceptional reduction, then a reduction is applied. I hope someone else can verify (or refute) that.

In other jurisdictions, a 9 hole score is "stored" until another 9 hole score is entered and then the two are combined.. I don't know how an exceptional score could be assessed on that basis given that there could be a considerable time lapse between the rounds.

A look through the handicapping rules would help you in general, I'm sure. This is a link to the rules for Great Britain and Ireland (GB&I). If you are in a different part of the world, you should seek out the version of the WHS rules produced by your national authority.
https://www.congu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/WHSDocs/WHS-Rules-of-Handicapping.pdf