Quest for the Open

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I see Pete Finch's Quest for the Open went South, +4 tied for 38th, that'll be that then.

Anyone know of others who've made it through or not as it were..

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a pleasant day at Kedleston Park

11 places were up for grabs which were earned with qualifying scores between 67 and 71 (7000 yard par 72)

I think the organisers were relieved as it was very close to being a 9 man playoff - no idea how that would work

Pleased that 2 lads we know made it through - onto Holinwell next for final qualifying - a great (free!) day out and a great course to have a stroll around

D

Deleted member 1147

Had a pleasant day at Kedleston Park

11 places were up for grabs which were earned with qualifying scores between 67 and 71 (7000 yard par 72)

I think the organisers were relieved as it was very close to being a 9 man playoff - no idea how that would work

Pleased that 2 lads we know made it through - onto Holinwell next for final qualifying - a great (free!) day out and a great course to have a stroll around

Glad you had a good day.
Who were you following, we may have met without realising?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the lads from our place (amateur), Tom Plumb got through to final qualifiying at Frilford.

Last edited:

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Paul Lawries son qualified for the next round. With Paul missing out due to injury it would be great to see his lad qualify and have Paul on the bag!

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Paul Lawries son qualified for the next round. With Paul missing out due to injury it would be great to see his lad qualify and have Paul on the bag!

Seen that, wasn't aware it was his lad, as it happens my son was speaking to Paul Lawrie yesterday at Carnoustie.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
[video=youtube;BfaS1HzzEOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfaS1HzzEOQ[/video]Good follow up vid from Pete Finch

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Josh McMahon, amateur from Wallasey won the West Lancs regional qualifier so he'll go through to final qualifying which I believe is at Hillside in the NW.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
6 under he shot, PF mentions him in that vid and how good a score it was given the conditions, lead the field by 4 shots.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Josh McMahon, amateur from Wallasey won the West Lancs regional qualifier so he'll go through to final qualifying which I believe is at Hillside in the NW.

St Annes Old Links this year Val :thup:

Good job there wasn't a breath of wind yesterday or the scoring at ours would have been horrific :rofl:

6 under round West Lancs in any conditions is incredible golf :thup:

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site