Qualifiers so far...

How man Q's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
11. Started the year on 5.7, rose to 6.7 and then a 0.2 cut. Have a FIR better than I've had for a long long time but the length is dropping off. Hitting too many long clubs at greens - note at, not onto. The game's good but the stats suggest otherwise.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played my 10th today and I've only 3 left for the season. Only missed 2 weekend comps and cant play mid week so lost out on 10 there. Not many available at my club.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
9 so far. And did not manage to get a single cut. Frustrating. There weren't more available at my club on the weekends. Only 2 more to come this year and one of them is just a 9 hole one.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Due to a month off with injury and woeful form I am down this year at 40 (would expect 50+) but 4 buffer, 30 increases, 6 cuts in qualifiers.

My son plays far too much and is at 96 qualifiers currently in the calendar year with 2 months abroad which could not count and racked up 17 buffer, 51 increases and 28 cuts.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My first season of playing comps - 2 so far, both 0.1.
Hopefully the committee will review at the end of season, put me up from 22.2 nearer to 28 which should help me climb out of the the bottom handful each time I play in comps.
Playing tomorrow (Sunday), so I guess that's going to be another 0.1 step towards where I should be.

1st comp, only avoided last place place as someone was a N/R.
2nd comp, 5 from bottom (1 of who was a 10yr old lad).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over 20 for me simply because they are so many opportunities to play in comps at my club. Usually 3-4 a week, alternate days every other week. Eg Friday one week and Thursday the next.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
6 for me. 1 buffer, 2 cuts and 3 x 0.1.

Hasn't helped that a) it has been a crap summer, b) I smashed my finger with a sledgehammer and couldn't play for a month, and c) I've played a lot of matchplay. Might get another qualifier in before the end of the season but I probably need a lesson before that.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
I'm assuming the entries with over 20 include a large number of retirees. How else would you have the time to play?

Also, I'm sure some members of links courses have said they have Q's all year, is this correct?
My season is March to Oct, with the bulk April to Sept.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm assuming the entries with over 20 include a large number of retirees. How else would you have the time to play?

Also, I'm sure some members of links courses have said they have Q's all year, is this correct?
My season is March to Oct, with the bulk April to Sept.

I am a retiree but still play the same amount as when I worked (mainly evenings).

I play an inland Dorset course and we have qualifiers all year round. It why they introduced CSS system.

D

Deleted member 21258

HDID does not show all comps I have played in, for some reason as club doesn't always upload them, but think it is under 10. Much prefer playing the team events which I have probably played in a similar amount in the last year or social relaxing games.