Putting.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you can't roll the ball on the line you intended then the rest is massively pointless to say the least.

Exactly.
If the ball is missing right, the clubface must be pointing right at impact.
How do you square the clubface at impact?
It's not the aim or the stroke, the OP is happy with them.
It's not the putter, he's tried them all.

What is the one thing the OP hasn't considered (Post no.18).......... the grip.
You fix the grip. It's the only contact you have with the putter.

The Op has had this problem for years and has a house full of putters so buying another one isn't the answer.

Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with you massively Bob.

Only other thing for me is if you are rolling it or bouncing it along.

Many people would benefit from learning how to roll the thing and recognise the difference. Was shown by pro @ RLSA and was a revelation

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
No putting aids.

The only thing in this whole topic that is news to me is dominant eye. I'd never heard about this before, I think this will be my first thoughts now on putt reading, and as said, if you start a putt on the wrong line, it's never going to go in.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Isn't aimpoint all about finding the slopes on the greens ? I'm missing right from 4 - 6 feet on flat straight putts, what would aimpoint do for them ?

Those putts are being missed because of a swing or aim fault, but you did say earlier thst you were missing 10ft and in putts and I doubt they are all flat and straight, in which case Aimpoint will help.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
So tonight I head to our practise putting green and there is a guy there who plays off 1, who is also having some putting issues, I explain my story, lines up 3 putts from 4 feet, he said I had them lined up perfectly to the middle of the hole, I missed all three right.

He tells me my stroke back was perfect but looked to be pushing it out right on the way thru, I go in to the shop and speak to the pro and mention the dominant eye thing, first things he said was that's unlikely and more likely to be pushing them out !!!!!!! He says you're probably standing too square, try opening the shoulders and stance a touch........

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
So tonight I head to our practise putting green and there is a guy there who plays off 1, who is also having some putting issues, I explain my story, lines up 3 putts from 4 feet, he said I had them lined up perfectly to the middle of the hole, I missed all three right.

He tells me my stroke back was perfect but looked to be pushing it out right on the way thru, I go in to the shop and speak to the pro and mention the dominant eye thing, first things he said was that's unlikely and more likely to be pushing them out !!!!!!! He says you're probably standing too square, try opening the shoulders and stance a touch........

Questioning technique, when obviously a new putter is the way to go.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Did you try changing your grip?

13Aces

Club Champion
Visit site
@RandG- I could easily have written your first and subsequent posts--- word for word!!! You are not alone!!
@bobmac - I am going to take your advice and try a "strengthened' Left Hand Grip.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
18 holes today, changed to my Scotty Newport, same grip, just opened my stance a touch, no 3 putts, one birdie and a couple other single putts for par. Gonna stick with the Scotty and the slightly open stance and see how things go but can't complain about todays putting.