Putting Mats ?

Skytot

Visit site
My course has been closed the last 2 days and I’ve been putting on my lounge carpet.
What Putting Mats do you recommend?

Jason.H

Visit site
I have The Perfect Putting Mat endorsed by Dustin Johnson. It’s very well made and i find it helps with alignment on those 6 footers.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I use the carpet, indoor putting can never be like the real thing so I see it as an exercise in perfecting the stroke, getting a nice smooth action with the ball starting where I aimed it and rolling truly.

I have a rubber putting cup to aim at but if I can't find that then I just put towards a coin on the floor.

Skytot

Visit site
I use the carpet, indoor putting can never be like the real thing so I see it as an exercise in perfecting the stroke, getting a nice smooth action with the ball starting where I aimed it and rolling truly.

I have a rubber putting cup to aim at but if I can't find that then I just put towards a coin on the floor.
Yea that’s what I’ve been doing , with a 5p

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
This is what I have - does the job and great in winter. I think about £35 on Ebay

Attachments

• SKLZ Putting Mat.jpg
    SKLZ Putting Mat.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 24

Jason.H

Visit site
I find training/putting to an alignment line is key to be able to starting the ball on line. A dead straight six footer is easily missed ?

Skytot

Visit site
When I went for my new putter fitting , the told me I need to start having a arc in my swing and lines would certainly help me

Albo

Visit site
I have an Ex Putt machine thing which is amazing though expensive!
I got my putting really dialled in for the main season this year and I put that down to the Ex Putt, I was on it daily and hit 100 putts every day. Felt like I could hole it from anywhere. Not used it in a while spare room full of pre Christmas stuff so once the silly season is over my internet is to get back to the 100 putts a day. Great to know your face and path numbers and tune the greens to the speed of the greens you’re going to be playing on.
Would recommend highly save for the cost

RichA

Visit site

Only problem with putting on a carpet or rug is that the pile direction can significantly move the ball offline. The largest rug in our house moves the ball about 6 inches left to right on an 8 foot putt.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The hall in my folks house had (for some reason that escapes me) an almost invisible joint in the carpet running the length of the hall that created a lovely gentle borrow either way. Of course I could just putt straight down the joint and if my strike was pretty good I‘d hole every one…still had to strike it ok ?

MikeF86

Visit site
Was tempted to tell the wife to get me a puttout for Xmas as nothing else I can think of tbh. Putting is weak and recently had a new putter so i'm sure there'd be some initial enthusiasm from my side. Any got any specific reviews on it?

Ruggy

Visit site
I have a puttout mat, the pressure thing and some gates. Stick it in the front room whilst the telly is on and practise.

Also brilliant fun with a 3 year old to use the packaging to make tunnels and roll the ball through for her to get hand eye co-ordiation :)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We have one of these https://www.pro-stroke.co.uk/? Bought it about 5 years back now, when wedge junior was getting ready for uni. It's good, but the hole is shallow and can only take 4 or 5 balls. I have since putt a Putt Out Pressure trainer over the hole which gives ball return functionality :cool:. To be honest, these days it just sits in the conservatory, I use it for a few practice putts here and there during the warmer weather but it's on it's own right now. I am supposed to be moving soon, no conservatory, not sure whether it will go in the new house or not...

I have a pretty straight putting stroke, use two alignment sticks just slightly wider than the putter head, easy to see if I move off line

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have one of these https://www.pro-stroke.co.uk/? Bought it about 5 years back now, when wedge junior was getting ready for uni. It's good, but the hole is shallow and can only take 4 or 5 balls. I have since putt a Putt Out Pressure trainer over the hole which gives ball return functionality :cool:. To be honest, these days it just sits in the conservatory, I use it for a few practice putts here and there during the warmer weather but it's on it's own right now. I am supposed to be moving soon, no conservatory, not sure whether it will go in the new house or not...

I like that one. I have a mat and its massive. Cant really be bothered to take it out and put it away again all that often. Will likely use it more when the wee one is a little older. Got it for next to nothing off gumtree so had to buy it. Maybe some day I'll rearrange the garage so it can stay out all the time.

The best mat I had was a simple flat thin mat that i had out all the time in my old house. I would hit putts during the ads on TV. Gave confidence on 8 footers that I knocked these in for fun all the time.