Putting Mat

Diamond

Visit site
I am looking at putting matts and there is a 6 foot PGA mat on Amazon for £19.99. Is this worth the money or are there better ones out there. The intention is to put it in my conservatory over the winter to practice my putting.

Sully

Visit site
I’ve been looking at a putting Matt too, I’m leaning towards the Puttout ones , they’re around £65 but have good reviews.
Would be keen to hear other recommendations too

Neeko1988

Visit site
I had the puttout mat with the puttout trainer, gate and mirror i think it came to around £150 and it was a really good piece of kit. I say was as i sold it due to the repetition of doing the same putt ended up being a bit boring. Same 6ft straight putt over and over...

Diamond

Visit site
I had the puttout mat with the puttout trainer, gate and mirror i think it came to around £150 and it was a really good piece of kit. I say was as i sold it due to the repetition of doing the same putt ended up being a bit boring. Same 6ft straight putt over and over...
I think they start at £69.99 which is a little pricey for doing the same put over and over. Saying that if it means I keep 3 putts off my card it would be worth it

Neeko1988

Visit site
I think they start at £69.99 which is a little pricey for doing the same put over and over. Saying that if it means I keep 3 putts off my card it would be worth it

Yeah 69.99 is just for the matt, the putt out trainer (the hole) is around £20 and the mirror and gate is 49.99. The gate helped with my stroke and gate with start line and was beneficial for the time i had it. Then it got boring. One thing i will say is after a bit the matt gets sort of a line down it that the balls follows to the hole. i found i had to brush it before every use then it was ok. Great quality stuff though

Diamond

Visit site
Yeah 69.99 is just for the matt, the putt out trainer (the hole) is around £20 and the mirror and gate is 49.99. The gate helped with my stroke and gate with start line and was beneficial for the time i had it. Then it got boring. One thing i will say is after a bit the matt gets sort of a line down it that the balls follows to the hole. i found i had to brush it before every use then it was ok. Great quality stuff though
I suppose if you are nailed on for 6 foot puts once on the greenit's worth the money.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve been looking at a putting Matt too, I’m leaning towards the Puttout ones , they’re around £65 but have good reviews.
Would be keen to hear other recommendations too
I've one of those, but didn't pay full price for it. Expensive for what they are, but if you can get one cheaper, worth doing.

efdeel

Visit site
I just use regular carpet :) Poor man's putting mat...

I hope this putting tips will lower some scores in my next game. I will more than happy if it help your putting too (especially for beginner golfer...)

Here is the video:

Last edited:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve had all sorts over the years and the best I found was a tip from someone who said a 5pm’s coin and a carpet is all you need. However that never stopped me buying gadgets and if you have a reasonable carpet for putting, the the putt out training aid for £20 is the best one I’ve ever tried. The feedback is awesome.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have the puttout mat and trainer but often put my Visio mat on top and use the putting gates to work on path and starting accuracy as well as trying to hit the perfect paced putt to stay in the trainer. I feel that way I can work on several things at once and so feel compelled to stick at it for longer

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the puttout mat and trainer but often put my Visio mat on top and use the putting gates to work on path and starting accuracy as well as trying to hit the perfect paced putt to stay in the trainer. I feel that way I can work on several things at once and so feel compelled to stick at it for longer
That suggest one or both are very thin for their respective prices. ?