Putting mat recommendations

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Evening all,

While I fully expect to have my pants pulled down with the current course conditions, what mat’s seem to be the better ones out there. Generally I struggle with pace control and most of my misses are normally short or due to running out of steam in the final 2ft.

The club I’ve just left have greens running about 9 on the stimp during the normal April - September season with summer motors running around 10.5-11.0. Being spoiled on pretty quick greens I tend to struggle in those that are a little slower.

Any good mat recommendations would be appreciated

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought a £60 Puttout putting mat in the last lockdown and am really pleased with it. Its 6ft long, rolls up well for storage is ok each time I roll it out. I have the Puttout ptting device too but dont usually use it on the mat as I get a better idea of pace, apparently it's a 10 on the stimp in use

Dannyc

Visit site
I bought one off eBay
It was home made bout 6ft long with proper golf hole in it
Seeing that ball drop into the hole is very important I think

Attachments

• 8F747E49-8AF5-47E3-939E-4BAB95386565.jpeg
    8F747E49-8AF5-47E3-939E-4BAB95386565.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 20

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a £60 Puttout putting mat in the last lockdown and am really pleased with it. Its 6ft long, rolls up well for storage is ok each time I roll it out. I have the Puttout ptting device too but dont usually use it on the mat as I get a better idea of pace, apparently it's a 10 on the stimp in use

Have heard good things on both. ?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love my PuttOut, don't have a mat. Carpet putting isn't fun...

I'm using a putting rail and the puttout at the end to return balls, really helping with initial direction and reducing deviation.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
They have 50% off online at the moment. ?

Was thinking of getting one of these myself. Reviewed in the mag recently and given the thumbs up but online reviews suggest delivery issues.

I currently have one of these, was cheaper a few years back.

https://www.pro-stroke.co.uk/?

It's good quality and decent speed, but the downside is a shallow hole which only takes 4 balls, and no ball return. If you want to putt for any length of time as you have to keep walking over and picking the balls up after every 4 or 5 putts.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a Wellputt 4 metre mat with a speed of 11 to match our summer greens. Using it with an app gives some tests from different markings on the mat going from both ends.

I also use a Putt Out and some gates.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Love my PuttOut, don't have a mat. Carpet putting isn't fun...

I'm using a putting rail and the puttout at the end to return balls, really helping with initial direction and reducing deviation.

The mat is worth it. Think it's about £50 not sure - I was fortunate to win a full bundle with Todays Golfer (Sorry Golf Monthly, I cheated on you)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The mat is worth it. Think it's about £50 not sure - I was fortunate to win a full bundle with Todays Golfer (Sorry Golf Monthly, I cheated on you)

HOW COULD YOU???!!!

*gets coat and storms out of the building

*realises it’s freezing and there’s nowhere to go

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a good quality puttout mat, 10 foot, used it once and sold it. I just get bored. It’s like when you have the knack of the straight putt what is the point? I need different breaks to keep me engaged and even then putting is a chore. Can’t keep at it more than 15 minutes at best.

...which is either the cause or effect of it being the worst part of my game. So don’t listen to me ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was thinking of getting one of these myself. Reviewed in the mag recently and given the thumbs up but online reviews suggest delivery issues.

I currently have one of these, was cheaper a few years back.

https://www.pro-stroke.co.uk/?

It's good quality and decent speed, but the downside is a shallow hole which only takes 4 balls, and no ball return. If you want to putt for any length of time as you have to keep walking over and picking the balls up after every 4 or 5 putts.

I’ve just managed to bag a brand new one boxed located in the uk!!!! Result!

Like you I’d read good reviews on the product but poor reviews on shipping, found someone who was waiting for a response from their customer service team ?

Bit of rough

Visit site
I’ve a PuttOut and get good use out of it. It’s good for precise speed control - building up skills that hopefully will translate onto the course.

Last time I was at Pete Cowen’s Academy, they’d just got an Explanar putting mat. I didn’t try it but my coach there said good things about it. Apparently Pete C is recommending it to his tour players.