Putting masterclass with David Howell

D

Deleted member 17920

Rooter. You lucky bugger. Sounded a great day and at least he was a top bloke that made time for you.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Howeller's a Gent

And Rooter - you were looking at his rear weren't you...!!
You Old dog!

Nice write up. Got a feeling He uses a 33 incher too....

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I borrowed a putting mirror last year, and was amazed I ever got a putt in the hole, which suggests that it was mi***** and misreads that I was actually good at !

Last time you are going tp spell miss-hits that way!:rofl:

I remember walking around Wentworth on the Thursday of the PGA at Wentworth the year he won - picked him up on the tee at 5 zany I think I went all the way round with him (might have let him go round 8 9 10 on his own)
Lovely bloke , was happy to chat all the way where we could walk close by

I was there watching him on the Sunday - as a guest of a resident, so got a nice meal in the Player's lounge too.

Attachments

• IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 25

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice write up your getting good at this Rooter! :)

Glad you had a fab day.

Enjoy the new shiney Yes but it will look out of place in your TM staffer bag best check the small print of your endorsement contrat :rofl:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well written Rooter. He always comes across as one of the nice guys and I hope that your putting gets some shots off your handicap !

I need to know whether Jezz is a decent guy who could put up with an old duffer like me. I've paid £20 to ply HfH with him - will he see it through do you reckon?

Chris, as have I, have played with Jezz before, nice fella, hopefully we can have some craic on the day

Yosser

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd kill for an opportunity like that! Glad you enjoyed it and I hope you see the benefit in your game.

I always thought Howell came across as a decent guy, he always seems pretty down to earth when he's on Sky. He told a good story about being at The Masters one year when he took himself off after the Thursday round to play at a local course. Two guys saw him hit a couple of shots and said to him "Hey man, nice swing. What do you play off - 5? 6?"

:D :D :D

Yes, I remember him telling that story and it did make me chuckle. Wasn't it a local Muni or something and he had to pay a few dollars green fees? Then when they asked him what he was playing off, he said "actually I'm a Pro and I'm playing at the Masters" - and they still weren't having it! I must admit if somebody rocked up at our local Muni who I'd didn't recognise, I wouldn't be having it either!! Can't imagine many tour Pro's who would do that, just shows how down to earth he must be.