putting madness

Split_Fairway

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hi all,just wanted some help with distance putting. lately ive been finding that my pace on my mid-to-long putts is holding me back. the rest of my game is relatively solid and i think that my work with the flat-stick is the only thing keeping me from getting down to single figures. as an example, yesterday i went round my course in 36 points, in monsoon type conditions, and making five 3-putts along the way. any tips?

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
TBH, off your handicap and considering the poor weather I think it may have been a bit of a one off. When you play in the dry do you have the same probs? It's easy to rush when getting wet,no-one likes playing in those conditions.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If it is a regular problem in ordinary conditions I suggest a putting lesson. The best 45 minute investment I made in a long time and I'm a much better and CONFIDENT putter this season. Other than that there is a product called a v-easy which I hear from a well known forum poster is rather good

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it is a regular problem in ordinary conditions I suggest a putting lesson. The best 45 minute investment I made in a long time and I'm a much better and CONFIDENT putter this season. Other than that there is a product called a v-easy which I hear from a well known forum poster is rather good

Bob how much commission have you him on! :D :D :D

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you score that regularly off an 11 hcp in monsoon weather, what you really need to do is get a handicap that reflects your playing ability ;) ;).

Shark

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

You only hear it is rather good ! Can't believe you haven't invested in one ;) ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

You only hear it is rather good ! Can't believe you haven't invested in one ;) ;)

I have but my pro commandeered it in June to try and I haven't seen it since