Putting left handed

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
With so many different putting styles on tour these days,has anyone actually tried putting left handed.

Having purchased a left handed putter recently I thought I would give it a go, and it is actually easier than it looks.

Wolf

Visit site
Tried it as a junior on the putting green as used to play with a lefty a lot, felt unbelievably weird..

Long time playing partner of my dad's putts with an old bullseye type putter and putts right handed on long putts and left handed in anything 10 feet and under.. Done it for years apparently stops him feeling twitchy on the shorter putts

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can't see the point of switching especially if you've done it right handed for so long. Just seems to be adding another variable. I know you can practice to make the stroke better but personally I'd keep it simple and stick to what I know

Ragamuffin Gunner

Medal Winner
Visit site
I play right handed. But with the putter from about 10 feet in, I’m better left-handed. Longer putts I’m much better right-handed though.

Are you allowed to have 2 putters in your bag?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
One of the guys I play with has a tremor in his hands and though he is a great ball striker his handicap has gone from 3 to 8 All because of his putting. Switched to LH and it's 100 % better holes puts how and is back on track to get his handicap back down