Putting issues

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Recently well mostly this year IV been leaving a lot of puts short especially inside 10-15ft normally my distance control is bang on and it's the read I'm struggling with,
I'm coming up short 45% of the time and slightly left of the cup, any thoughts on why I'm doing that

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
No I have a shorter back stroke and follow through quite well and hold the position at the end of my stroke with a slightly closed face, I think I'm hitting a bit on the downswing and lossing roll for the first foot, kind of skidding before the roll

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
In your effort to keep your backswing short, you may have gone too far.
Do you keep the width of your stance the same for all length putts?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Head is over the ball central in my stance @stefanovic
I widen my stance ever so slightly on longer puts, I was down at my lesson and went through some things with my putter I need a bit more toe hang short slant shaft around 350g , the spider ex seemed to be quite good

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm playing tomorrow so I'll try that lengthen my backswing and see how it goes, I think I'll book a putting lesson and fitting and get something dialed in

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always control length of putt by length of back swing rather than by changing firmness of strike and find it a more precise method of control.