Putting - Head movement

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All, The V Easy has helped me alot with controlling my wrists, in they they do not (even occasionally) break down and flick at the ball. A simple rocking of the shoulders is what I have now.
However, I appear to have a fair amount of head movement. I am right handed and my head moves forward (towards the hole) on the backstroke and backwards (away form the hole) on the through stroke.

What experiences have fellow forumers had of this and are there any good tips for keeping your head still?

Thanks in anticipation.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Matty, firstly, really pleased the V-Easy is helping. :)
And secondly, the moving head.
Without seeing you putt I have to guess, but....
I would say it's your hips that are turning which in turn moves your head.
If you practice at home, stand with your rear end against a chair/wall/door etc and keep it squarely pushed agaist it. That should give you the feeling of the lower body staying still and just the shoulders rocking during the stroke.
HTH :D

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks Bob, I think you are right. Its fairly logical that without a firm lower half, the top half is likely to be all over the place.
I will concentrate on that. Say 10 or so with the V Easy then a similar number without, trying to keep as still as possible (knees and back in particular).
I really feel that this is the only (certainly the major) part of my game that is stopping me getting into the low cat 1 region. I must have hit 15 greens yesterday, with 3 within 5 feet. Had one birdie - a chip in!
If this dosnt work I am going to sellotape a coin to some string hanging from my chin, trying to keep the coin as still as possible - I will do that indoors though - not on our putting green!
On the plus side I am not 3 putting - because the V Easy locks everything in and has improved distance control dramatically.
Thanks once again Bob.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks Homer - I will try that. I have putting mirror - infact I have every putting gadget ever invented, strings lasers, mirrors, matts, pegs, metronome etc etc and an entire library of Pelz books!