Putting Address Position

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A mate of mine had some help with his putting from a scratch player. He told me he was told, being right handed, that at address he should have more weight on his left side at address and through the putt. When I addressed with said cat 1 golfer he said it should "feel" like you have more weight on the left side.
I've never heard of this before and always assumed that your balance was even at address with no weight favour.......so discuss/and have you heard of anything like this

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A mate of mine had some help with his putting from a scratch player. He told me he was told, being right handed, that at address he should have more weight on his left side at address and through the putt. When I addressed with said cat 1 golfer he said it should "feel" like you have more weight on the left side.
I've never heard of this before and always assumed that your balance was even at address with no weight favour.......so discuss/and have you heard of anything like this

Whatever 'feel' helps you keep your lower body from the abdomen down completely still, solid, is a good way to go.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
there is no magic trick with putting what works for one could be a horror show for someone else as long as you are smooth and straight through the ball you can get most things to work

mefromhere

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was having massive problems with putting until yesterday filmed myself putting and found I had too much weight on the front foot and as a result shaft was leaning forward causing all kinds of bad results. If you are going to lean on the front foot more make sure you don't deloft too much

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Incorrect address position will lead to some compensations which is why I try and use my mirror regularly to make sure the eyes are over the ball and the shoulders are parallel and that I keep the head and chest still