Put YOUR questions to David Howell

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Morning all

Golf Monthly's playing editor, Tiger beater, Ryder Cup hero and all round top man, David Howell, will be guest editing the March issue of the magazine and as part of that we're offering GM forum users the chance to put questions to him.

Questions could be on anything from life on tour to issues in the game.

The editorial team will pick the best ones and if yours is selected you'll win a prize

To post your questions for David just reply to this post

cheers

MikeH
(GM editor)

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here is my question for DH Mike.

Hi David, You made your debut at The Master in 2005 finishing 11th. I would like to know is what it was like arriving at Augusta for the first time, what emotions were going through you on the 1st tee on the Thursday,and what was the highlight of your week?

Andy

B

birdieman

Are you now injury-free and if so what are your goals for 2008?
Also in relation to injuries do you find your putting style puts undue strain on your back?

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does the recent success of other English pros, Justin Rose in particular, place added pressure on you to perform well in 2008?

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
David, you've been a top-20 in the world player but have had to watch your ranking go down this year. Does that have an effect on you – is it easy to panic when you see that happening or do you try to ignore the numbers? Thanks, golfdonkey.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi David,

Great news that you are back playing!

Having had a fair bit of time off with injury though I was just wondering what other interests you have/sports you follow? What would you have done if you hadn't been a professional golfer for instance?

Thanks

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi David,

I love the game but sometimes, especially if I'm not playing well, I look forward to NOT playing golf for a week or so. Do you ever get bored of hitting balls? If so, what do you do to get your hunger back?

Thanks and good luck in 08!

Visit site
can I ask a couple?

What's it like playing in a Ryder Cup and why do you think the European Team have done so well in recent history against players with a supposedly higher world ranking

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are there any holes that fill you with dread when stood on the tee? Maybe they don’t suit your game, or holes that you have had a nightmare on before??

There are a few for me at my course!

How do you cope with this pressure and give yourself the best possible chance of scoring well?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Hi,

I am a beginner and my game is coming along well, I believe this is due to my belief in that a large part of golf is down to mental attitude and remaining positive. Have you ever hit a couple wayward shots and really needed to overcome negativity creeping into your game?

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd like to ask David what kind of golf course he really enjoys playing. Links, parkland, heather and pine? Also, which of the top guys does he enjoy/NOT enjoy playing with?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
David,

People always remark on how well paid the top golfers are nowadays....but how much would you normally pay out in tournament entrance fees in an average season?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
David,

I find it very difficult to keep my head clear of the outside world for even one round of golf. My brain is always ticking away in other areas which I know hampers my scoring sometimes. My question is thus;

Do you find it difficult to mainatin your concentration levels over four days? How do you prevent outside distractions affecting you for such a long period?

Jon.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Do you find it difficult to mainatin your concentration levels over four days? How do you prevent outside distractions affecting you for such a long period?

Ref: the above:

Do you find maintaining concentration is more difficult over a 5 1/2 hour round, as for me, the longer the round, the more I loose interest, and the worse I play.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi David what has been your most enjoyable/memorable round you have ever played wither it be a pro round or a friendly round.
Good luck for the upcoming season,Ian

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi David,

Glad you've recovered from your injuries.

What's your take on the "Race to Dubai"? Do you think the European Tour needed an event to rival the Fed-ex cup?

Thanks