Pushing irons

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
And people who reckon they can sort out everyone's swing problems by guessing at what the problem is are likely to cause more problems than they cure.

Whilst I tend to agree with that observation, I also disagree.... so that 50/50 feeling lends itself to having an advice forum. Various shot patterns come with various swing patterns and above all the ball will start where the clubface points and curve according to the path. In this instance the clubface is pointing to the right (that is where the ball starts) and so is the path, at impact. Closing the face WILL encourage the ball to draw more (it will also encourage it to start more left) however (as you pointed out) if he has a perfect grip already it could be messed up by getting him to strengthen it. It might be that his path isn't as 'out' as it used to be, he's trapped on his downswing and blocking everything OR even that he thinks he's aligned properly whereas he really isn't.

The suggestions on the forum are valid ones though as they have to be taken within context of the forum itself --- an internet advice forum.

If he can be bothered to either get a video uploaded of his swing or go and see a local pro then he should attempt either of those options... failing that, ASK HERE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

What a lot of nonsense has been spouted on here by so called 'experts'. Go back, read the OP and start again. It is only irons that are causing a problem, not woods, hybrids or wedges. Shiny says his shots are going 'straight left not slicing', maybe he is hitting the ball slightly out the hosel? Maybe he has a slightly open clubface, maybe he is actually slicing the ball without realising, maybe he is blocking the ball. The simple FACT is nobody knows for sure, hence my advice that he gets a pro to have a look at his swing.

Sorry if this spoils your party, I know how certain people on here love to think they know everything about the golf swing. But the simple fact is, you are all guessing at the problem and you are not doing the OP any favours. It might be boring but my advice is the most sensible option.

Thank you and good night.

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
Without reopening a can of worms my problem is now sorted irons now going straight/slight draw. Grip, alignment, swing path etc was all fine. It took the pro one swing to spot and one swing to fix. Easy............................. slow the swing down to half speed.
I am officially a clown, that is all.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Without reopening a can of worms my problem is now sorted irons now going straight/slight draw. Grip, alignment, swing path etc was all fine. It took the pro one swing to spot and one swing to fix. Easy............................. slow the swing down to half speed.

Glad you got it sorted. Without labouring the thread, it can't just have been swinging fast that created the problem; swinging fast probably stopped you closing the clubface and left it open at impact.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Shiny

Glad you took the sensible route and got to the root of the problem, much easier to find the cure when someone can see the problem and has all the required information