Push Slice

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get the impression you have opened the clubface at the top of the backswing, then try to close it again through impact with the hands and arms.

Net effect is that sometimes you will still have an open clubface at impact, and it's travelling slightly out to in (but I can't see that bit from the angle.

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers bob your opinions are always welcome. I do have quite a strong grip, mainly to try to combat a slice. I will ease up on it and see what happens though.

Apart from that does the swing look reasonable? Been working hard on it this year and while the scoring and consistency have yet to improve, i do believe (hope) I'm making progress.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You do seem to have a shorter than normal follow through. Is that normal or just posing for the camera?
The rest looks pretty good to me

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
Haha that's just recently happened. I've been working hard to keep the hands in front of the ball at impact, I used to flick at the ball, the shortened follow through seems to be the result... Not sure why?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Haha that's just recently happened. I've been working hard to keep the hands in front of the ball at impact, I used to flick at the ball, the shortened follow through seems to be the result... Not sure why?

No problem as long as you haven't lost too much distance.
Reminds me a little of Luke Donald at the end

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I can assure you that's where the similarity ends.

I'd say on a nice warm night with no wind an 8 iron is close to 150, so that's no disaster.

Cheers bob

Last edited: