Purple Patch!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I started off this season with high hopes, had a fairly consistent swing and new shiney's so what could possibly go wrong?! To be honest nothing particularly went wrong however it wasn't really going right either. I was playing well in fits and spurts but not really doing it when it mattered or only ever doing it for half a round.

Anyway, the stars seem to have aligned and I've finally managed to string together a few decent rounds. We had the Club Champs towards the end of July and I had two rounds of nett 64 (3 under handicap on both days). I then got a small cut having finished with a nett 66 (1 under) in a medal last Sunday followed by winning the midweek stableford on Wednesday with 39 points (cut of 0.6).

Played in one of our final board comps of the season today and finished with a nett 62 playing off 15.7. Couldn't stay for the final few groups to finish but was in a good position to finally pick up some silverware, at the very least it's going to be another cut. I'm also through the to the semi-finals of our club matchplay comp so things on the up.

All good timing as we're expecting our first baby any time (due date is Wednesday) so that will probably signal the end of any meaningful golf for a little while! It's strange how you can suddenly do no wrong even though nothing feels any better/worse than you've been doing for the months previously!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just found out that the 62 was enough and so first piece of proper silverware and in a board comp to top it off!

It was a day of decent shooting so the cut was 0.9 so new handicap is 14.8 which is a new low.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congratulations on the scores and the new arrival!

I can't think of a more satisfying feeling in golf than hardwork coming to fruition.