Purple Aki - BBC 3

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
For all you from the North West. A documentary of the regions almost mythical boogeyman is on BBC 3 (I-Player) now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/9e756e96-30e8-4822-9e69-ff8271f689b6

My run in with the legend himself was in the late 80's, when leaving Central Park (then home to Wigan Rugby). We'd been to a Town team training session at the gym and he was waiting outside. Don't remember being particularly scared, but I was ready to leg it if he got too close.

Strangely enough, he just wanted a run through of the training session we'd just gone through. Seemed harmless enough at the time.

Anyone else have a meeting with the legend?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, outside Mr Smiths nightclub in Warrington. I didn't hang around......the stories we heard are not for public forums !!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, outside Mr Smiths nightclub in Warrington. I didn't hang around......the stories we heard are not for public forums !!!

I heard a lot of the same stories. Was never sure whether they were myths or not. Always 3rd hand info. Gonna watch the documentary later to see if there was any substance to the legend.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The scare stories where horrific growing up.

I think he's the only person ever to have to sign the sex register without committing a sex crime. Unles that's another tale... 💪💪💪

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The scare stories where horrific growing up.

I think he's the only person ever to have to sign the sex register without committing a sex crime. Unles that's another tale... 

When I was growing up I seen him on a weekly basis.

My grammar school (danny, one post only) was across the other side of the city centre, so went through town from the dingle. He lived in the dingle, so was often on the same bus, after school.

He used to always go the courts to watch other "briefs", to pick up tips, as he used to represent himself in court, in the main. He got away with murder for years.
Being a blonde haired Adonis in my youth, I was lucky that he never went after me.:whistle: My mate who was black used to attract his attention, and on occasion was called a "coconut" by him. Scary times.

He has had some beatings in his time also, and it is legendary what he has survived, and rumours of him fighting off 12 SPD coppers on his own etc.

My bum's tingling.:whoo:

For other characters, you tube "Birkenhead tranny", especially the song. Not for consumption on here, for obvious reasons, but it is funny.

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok gents. Not trying to take this thread too far off topic, but I'm stood on the 17th tee and I'm 1 under gross. Anyone want to bet just how badly I make a rick of the last 2 holes? 😂

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
HEARTBREAK!!!!!! The birdie putt just slides by. It's a level par 71. Off the yellows so it doesn't really count. But it shows a bit of a return to form. 2 bogeys, 2 birdies, 14 pars, 15 GIR. All in 2 hrs 45 minutes. Happy days.

Now back to Purple Aki 😂

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
HEARTBREAK!!!!!! The birdie putt just slides by. It's a level par 71. Off the yellows so it doesn't really count. But it shows a bit of a return to form. 2 bogeys, 2 birdies, 14 pars, 15 GIR. All in 2 hrs 45 minutes. Happy days.

Now back to Purple Aki 

just in time to take Craigys money off him. Good job I don't bet... 🤔

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
just in time to take Craigys money off him. Good job I don't bet... 🤔
My form is fleeting mate. By the time we play on Saturday I'll be struggling to break 90 as usual. The only reason I scored well today was because I hit 15 GIR. If I'd had to rely on the short game I'd have been screwed!!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Now back to Purple Aki 

Good skills mate. I knew it was coming this season. You were swinging it great when we last played.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
His dad was a barrister or something.... He knew the law, hence escaping it so often...
I had a few mates from St Helens and he used to hang out asking to feel young men's biceps and how much they could bench press. He also used to offer to 'bench press you' if you so wished....
Used to leg it every time I saw him....