Punishment for not electronically entering scores

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don’t even know what this electronic entering of the score is. At our club we go to the pro shop before the comp and pay and after the round we hand it in to the pro shop who then enters the score into the system.
It’s not difficult, I mean you have managed to come on here and post.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t even know what this electronic entering of the score is. At our club we go to the pro shop before the comp and pay and after the round we hand it in to the pro shop who then enters the score into the system.
Are you able to 'hang around' to see if theres an error that needs correcting to avoid a DQ?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you able to 'hang around' to see if theres an error that needs correcting to avoid a DQ?
Not sure what this is getting at?

In this instance the card is returned when handed in/put in box.

Any errors to the submitted card are 'locked in' at the point of return, although if a player remembers something different between that point and the the competition being finalised he/she can of course contact the committee...

Any subsequent errors in entering the information on the card into the system are administration and not subject to DQ, or Any other penalty, to the player.

D

Deleted member 25172

It’s not difficult, I mean you have managed to come on here and post.

I’m sure it’s not difficult. I was just saying that it’s not something we do and/or have at our club.

D

Deleted member 25172

Can only speak for myself, but yes, I usually go to the bar, and if there’s an issue with anyone’s card, the next group coming in tells the person that the people in the pro shop wants to have a word.

Not saying it’s the correct way or anything. Just saying how it works at our club.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can only speak for myself, but yes, I usually go to the bar, and if there’s an issue with anyone’s card, the next group coming in tells the person that the people in the pro shop wants to have a word.

Not saying it’s the correct way or anything. Just saying how it works at our club.
Yes, I think every Club has it's own way of doing things.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I’m sure it’s not difficult. I was just saying that it’s not something we do and/or have at our club.
As I posted earlier, my last club didn't have a PSI .
They closed earlier this year due to HS2 pressure but they didn't have an entry system other than in the office by the staff.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
And pay them for the extra work of course

No you put it in the terms and conditions of their contract.

Personally l don't see any hardship in entering my score on a computer however if someone can't do it for whatever reason then is it a hardship for the pro/secretary whoever to input the score. As long as the card is returned that should suffice.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
As far as I know everyone enters their scores on the computer in the pro shop. If I can do it it must be easy. Computer has a running scoreboard so you can immediately see how you are doing. Also scores are on a big screen in lounge. Results are published for Sunday comps early on Monday usually. If you have a problem entering card, pro will help you do it, along with some friendly abuse !!

If pro shop closed, we just put cards through secretary’s letterbox.

D

Deleted member 16999

As far as I know everyone enters their scores on the computer in the pro shop. If I can do it it must be easy. Computer has a running scoreboard so you can immediately see how you are doing. Also scores are on a big screen in lounge. Results are published for Sunday comps early on Monday usually. If you have a problem entering card, pro will help you do it, along with some friendly abuse !!

If pro shop closed, we just put cards through secretary’s letterbox.
Does the secretary then contact you on a monday morning if there’s a problem with the card?

Obviously every Club appears different, but reading this and the WHS thread some Clubs may have to alter the way they currently do things.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does the secretary then contact you on a monday morning if there’s a problem with the card?

Obviously every Club appears different, but reading this and the WHS thread some Clubs may have to alter the way they currently do things.

Why would he need to contact you? The scores are the scores on the card and it’s either signed or not.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Pro Shop, Office, Reception.....

The staff that man those areas for us don’t have that job - it’s looked after by unpaid volunteers, most small members clubs run it the same way , not everyone can pay a multiple amount of staff and need volunteers ( mainly committee )

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was at a WHS seminar a few days ago and this point re score entry was raised by a number of clubs. During the 'debate' a colleague from my club reminded me that when we introduced a PSI terminal many years ago, the Seniors Section encouraged recalcitrant members by placing a wee dram next to the terminal for those who used the PSI. The fact that it came from the Seniors' funds wasn't spotted until the end of the season. By then everyone was on board.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why would he need to contact you? The scores are the scores on the card and it’s either signed or not.....
Read the post I answered from Richart, it’s much easier to follow the posts than pick one out at random and try and look clever.:rolleyes:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Not sure what problem you mean ? Card not signed, straight dq.

All cards must be handed in, otherwise dq as well.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Why not locate the PSI in the clubhouse (eg the 19th) ?
Not sure you can input there, but we are told to hand in to secretary, or put through letter box. Only happened to me a couple of times when we have been last off, and pro shop closed.

D

Deleted member 16999

Not sure what problem you mean ? Card not signed, straight dq.

All cards must be handed in, otherwise dq as well.
You said if you have a problem the Pro helps, so who helps once your card has gone through the secretaries door if there’s been a problem?