Problems with Hermes

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In the last 3 weeks, I have dispatched a set of irons, and the box arrived empty, then I dispatched another set of irons, and the 6 iron has gone missing.
Both sets were well boxed up and heavily taped.

Clearly someone is at it, so avoid Hermes parcel service.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I learned the hard way too with Hermes. Now just pay the extra for Parcel Force or UPS.

Also the claims procedure through Hermes is an absolute joke and an embarrassment to them.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Chased them for a pod that was showing as delivered to my work address:

It was signed for by me apparently at 630 pm on a Saturday night to an office that doesn’t open weekends.

After a 4 week argument they were still trying to convince me I had received it, the breaking point was “ do you think I would have wasted a month of my life chasing an (insert very strong wording) parcel for no (more words inserted) reason “

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Hermes are a lottery unfortunately. Working from home last week when a rusty old van drove up on my neighbour's drive way... parcel was through from the window in the direction of their front door. Reversed off and was gone. I went round, picked it up and gave to them when they returned from work. Could just have easily kept it.

I've used them several times only one problem one. Guy claimed item never received, Hermes claimed delivery. Took ages before they paid out. Total pain.

Wolf

Visit site
Never had a single issue with Hermes always delivered what I've sent no dramas...

UPS on the other hand different story, use them to send something to a forummer last week as Hermes wasn't in their catchment area, despite parcel tracking I cannot see if its arrived, and I keep getting sent emails from them in German....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hermes have always been fine for me, I've sold plenty of clubs on ebay delivered by them with no issues. Obviously bad luck with the delivery driver assigned to your area or the areas you delivered to?

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So they have made a set of golf clubs worthless by losing the 6 iron. My claim is £70, which is what I sold the set for. I have been offered £10!

Small Claims here I come

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So they have made a set of golf clubs worthless by losing the 6 iron. My claim is £70, which is what I sold the set for. I have been offered £10!

Small Claims here I come

You get offered plenty of opportunities to pay for insurance on your declared value of the consignment, what did you declare and did you pay any extra to cover or did you choose to risk the basic cover?