Problem with posts

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think there is something wrong with the website. It would appear that loads of subject posts have just gone missing from the lounge area. E.g. where is Homer's "10,000" post? Presumably some IT expert is already on the case?

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Must be something wrong at my end then. All of the posts for the 19th have disappeared, and there are loads of others missing. Anyone else ever had the same problem??

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
OK, thanks for that. So someone has been undertaking a tidy-up exercise, by moving some posts around. But there are still loads of missing posts imo. And no...I haven't been at the Xmas sherry.....yet.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
OK, thanks for that. So someone has been undertaking a tidy-up exercise, by moving some posts around. But there are still loads of missing posts imo. And no...I haven't been at the Xmas sherry.....yet.
No posts were moved about, the thread was moved to OOB, there was also a second thread named 10,000 clicky here , it hasnt moved.

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
[/QUOTE]
No posts were moved about, the thread was moved to OOB, there was also a second thread named 10,000 clicky here , it hasnt moved.

[/QUOTE]

So "no posts were moved about", but "it was moved to OOB" Maybe I have been at the sherry after all, but this does sound a tad contradictory. In summing up, I read Homer's 10,000 post/thread yesterday in the lounge area, and it is now in the OOB area, where it apparently belongs. So if that isn't a tidy up and a move of post/thread, albeit to its correct place, then I'll eat my hat.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The difference is that when a thread gets moved the whole shebang goes, when a post is moved it usually deleted or merged to another thread, I was talking individual posts seeing as you mentioned posts from the 19th.
Homers thread was moved.
So if that isn't a tidy up and a move of post/thread, albeit to its correct place, then I'll eat my hat.
We certainly didnt delete all posts from the 19th either. :)
What posts are missing out of interest? Unless one of the other moderators have seen fit to actually remove something.
Its a well known and widely accepted fact of forums worldwide that there is always a certain amount of housekeeping carried out to keep things ticking along in order.