Probably the most obvious question ever asked

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
High MOI
Stops the club from twisting on impact and helps to keep the ball in a straightish line.
Bigger heads to move the centre of gravity low back from the face.
Players fairways tend to have smaller heads and less MOI to help the better player move the ball left or right.
G15 has high MOI and is forgiving
I15 has a smaller head and is easier to work.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
High MOI
Stops the club from twisting on impact and helps to keep the ball in a straightish line.
Bigger heads to move the centre of gravity low back from the face.
Players fairways tend to have smaller heads and less MOI to help the better player move the ball left or right.
G15 has high MOI and is forgiving
I15 has a smaller head and is easier to work.

Thanks Imurg.

Does a low COG play a factor in forgiveness or is that more to do with launch?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
The low COG will help get the ball up easier. The large head then will increase the sweetspot so you can get away with off centre hits. So put the large head with the low COG and you have an easy to hit fairway. Only downside is that you only tend to get one shot with them and that is a high floating straight shot. The players club will allow you to shape it left and right hit it high or a low stinger. Only downside is that you do not get away with a bad swing like the bigger headed woods.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The low COG will help get the ball up easier. The large head then will increase the sweetspot so you can get away with off centre hits. So put the large head with the low COG and you have an easy to hit fairway. Only downside is that you only tend to get one shot with them and that is a high floating straight shot. The players club will allow you to shape it left and right hit it high or a low stinger. Only downside is that you do not get away with a bad swing like the bigger headed woods.

This is the thing, I don't like large heads on woods. I much prefer a compact head.

Besides the wood I've ordered has a bigger head than the R11, by 2cc :thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Probably the most obvious question ever asked

Gareth, there are 18 holes on a course... 2 lots of 9, oh wait, you didn't ask the most obvious question.. in that case....

... Titleist. :mad::mad:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Titleist clubs are not the most forgiving, so I would give them a miss.

Ping g20 or k15 I would guess are probably as forgiving as most.