pro v1 alternative

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
So... the next big thing from the ball market, is a soft, long , good spinning ball that lasts more than a few rounds.

Are you listening titleist, Callaway, Nike!

I think for the time being I am going to stick with 333's untill someone finds the answer to this subject. I for one certainly cant afford to play disposable pro v1's and srixon make great balls anyway.

Del

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last week I won at my local club a dozen Wilson Staff TX4 Pro balls.
Its a great ball for feel around the green, gives great spin and goes very well off the tee, BUT the ball does cut up a bit, and I have yet to finish a round with the same ball.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you like that ball Del you will love the Px3 ball and its cheaper! Best ball on the market in my eyes.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
So... the next big thing from the ball market, is a soft, long , good spinning ball that lasts more than a few rounds.

Are you listening titleist, Callaway, Nike!

I think for the time being I am going to stick with 333's untill someone finds the answer to this subject. I for one certainly cant afford to play disposable pro v1's and srixon make great balls anyway.

Totally agree Tony, I for one think losing a £3+ ball is something that would distract me from my game, and whats more being a Yorkshire man I refused to buy a ball that costs more than a pint. AD333 for me, would be nice if they did a version a little heavier but thats by and the by.

D

Deleted member 1147

............and whats more being a Yorkshire man I refused to buy a ball that costs more than a pint.

The way beer's gone up in price in my lifetime they'll soon cost the same!

I remember when Guinness was less than £2.

Anyway - the best balls I've played other than ProVs are Taylor Made blacks and Nike One Blacks!

But they're both pretty costly.

Never played a Srixon though - you all recommend them do you?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I find xs cut up worse than standard provs but I prefer the lower spin. Nike one blacks are good too. In the height of summer, provs and one plats can't be bettered. Xs and blacks for the rest of the year. The Nikes are cheaper if you can get a good deal.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
i just want a good ball that will last more than one full wedge shot i keep having to club up and take it easy to avoid damage ill stick with the burner tp as winter is here soon and anything can stop, the nights will be drawing in soon

Glenfish

Club Champion
Visit site
I was in American Golf trying to decide what new ball to try and the guy suggested Wilson Staff DX2, Soft, he said great all rounder!
So I bought a dozen and when driving home wondered whether I was another sucker that AG pushed Wilson gear onto???????
Anyone used/ views on these?

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
i never used them but seen good reviews in magazines they have a pretty interesting dimple pattern if anyone is as sad has me haha

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Use Wilson balls most of the time. Started on DX2 soft, a superb distance ball that is remarkably soft, and have just moved on to PX3s due to superb offer.

DO not think that you will be disappointed.

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a sleeve of DX2's in my bag for bounce games, while the distance is OK they seem to lack in feel, I'd compare them to the AD333, a good all rounder with plenty of durability but not the control. Superb value for money though.

Agree with andiritchie about the dimple pattern, looks very strange :p

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found a dx2 and played 14 holes with it. I don't think it has the distance of a prov1 but I was impressed with the feel, strange how you get so many different views on the same product.
It still looks in good nick and my wedges leaves a definite "beard" on the pro v's

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
at the moment dg are doing three Wilson balls for the same 3 for £25 deal, DX2, Smart-Core and PX3. I've got some PX3 but for me they spin a bit too easily so I'm now trying the Smart-Core which they said is mid-range between the DX2 and PX3 - we'll see.