Pro shop with a Bar ?

Genu9

Visit site
Played Towneley Golf Course twice in the last week and they have a Bar in the Pro Shop. Is this unique in UK? Easy to pop in for a halfway drink.........

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not seen one of those, but plenty of halfway houses/huts have alcohol available.
Does the 9th hole finish really close to the Pro Shop?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've never seen one in a pro shop, but at Westerham GC, the pro shop is in the same building as the spike bar (could be argued its part of the spike bar!) and when you walk off the 9th green, you have to pass the spike bar entrance to get to the 10th tee, so most people stop in to top up water bottles, some get a Lucozade and a rare few get a pint in two coffee cups with lids to take to the 10th tee!
Kings Hill GC is a similar set up.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a bar but when I played Radlett Park (now called Hertsmere), the main clubhouse with the bar etc was upstairs, and the pro shop was downstairs underneath it at the back of the building, facing the 11th hole I think. So they had a fridge selling bottled beers in the pro shop so you could get some quickly for your back nine.

Genu9

Visit site
Not a bar but when I played Radlett Park (now called Hertsmere), the main clubhouse with the bar etc was upstairs, and the pro shop was downstairs underneath it at the back of the building, facing the 11th hole I think. So they had a fridge selling bottled beers in the pro shop so you could get some quickly for your back nine.
That's the set up at Towneley, bar is upstairs so maybe that's the reason.