Preparing for new course

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a chap who does all that for me!

Actually, it's always good for a snoop at the website out of curiosity... but it is of limited value...

Eg Playing Perrenporth in their Pairs Open in August, my playing partner hasn't been before, looked at the card, saw lots of short part 4s and says "looks easy!"

Long time since I played it but Perrenporth feels like one course where a bit of prep could be very useful as isn't there quite a few blind shots?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just make sure I know how to get to the club, park and how to get around the course, very easy to get lost when tees are not next to the previous green.

I also take a peek at the course on google maps or on the site if they have hole overviews, just to see where I shouldn’t take driver or should take it.

I usually forget all of that once I am out on the course and just play it as I see it unless I somehow recall a specific point.

Mainly I just don’t want to get lost!

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Interesting thread, someone was telling me about some new concept where you have an app that works out your yardages, consistency and miss with each of your clubs and then gives you alternate strategies on each ole with a likelihood of achieving a specific score. The way he explained it was if you hit driver down the right and then hit a 7 iron at the middle of the green you have a 7% chance of making birdie, 28% chance of making par and a 58% chance of making bogey etc....
This app/software applies your game onto any course. Need to do more research on it, if anyone uses it or its any good then let me know

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting thread, someone was telling me about some new concept where you have an app that works out your yardages, consistency and miss with each of your clubs and then gives you alternate strategies on each ole with a likelihood of achieving a specific score. The way he explained it was if you hit driver down the right and then hit a 7 iron at the middle of the green you have a 7% chance of making birdie, 28% chance of making par and a 58% chance of making bogey etc....
This app/software applies your game onto any course. Need to do more research on it, if anyone uses it or its any good then let me know

Great stuff but you have to have the discipline to collect a lot of data.

I tried and I forgot by about hole 6 as I was focussing on playing.

D

Deleted member 21258

If I am playing a new course and have time, I will look at the holes and scorecard beforehand. Not to plan the way I will play it, but to get the excitement going, cant bet the excitement of playing a new course.

D

Deleted member 1147

I sometimes get a stroksaver before I play, choose what shots to hit in order to stay safe etc. Then hit driver on most holes and get 30-35 points (if I’m lucky)!